Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what Sch'dy County residents think/feel about any caliber center-fire rifle use for deer in our area. It is now legal. Personally I am opposed. I know how the locals hunt around my community and to think even AR style rifles can now be used is IMHO DANGEROUS. I also think it will scare off property owners who allow hunting on their parcels.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can clearly remember a question asked in a firearms safety course I took long ago. "What's more dangerous; a shotgun or a rifle? Answer: They are both equally danger at close ranges. That's not my words, but those of a qualified safety instructor. I don't believe anything has changed since then.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mikey; Did not mean to preach. If you analyze the answer as to what is more dangerous a rifle or a shotgun, the implication is that at longer ranges the rifle is more dangerous. This is the point of the question as to opening up populated areas to rifle use. Again, this is from a safety instructor. Given this was prior to sabots and rifled barrels but I still believe rifles are more dangerous in populated areas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts