Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clean up a 350 legend chamber?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
No.

But a .350 Legend Reamer will clean up a .357 Max Chamber.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Yeah. The Legend is a tenth of an inch longer and a little wider at the base. But they are essentially twins as far as ballistics go.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Not liking the Legend?

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Not liking the Legend?
Curious on this too. Also was this a Handi rechamber?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
No.

But a .350 Legend Reamer will clean up a .357 Max Chamber.
Not really. The neck on the max is bigger than the legend. Also, the pilot would be "loose" in the bore of a standard 357 max barrel and the legend needs a sharp step from neck to throat for headspacing. I doubt the step would be correct after a rechamber.

Going from 357 mag to 350 legend might work. It would be best done with a floating pilot reamer and a proper pilot for the barrel bore.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Not really. The neck on the max is bigger than the legend. Also, the pilot would be "loose" in the bore of a standard 357 max barrel and the legend needs a sharp step from neck to throat for headspacing. I doubt the step would be correct after a rechamber.

Going from 357 mag to 350 legend might work. It would be best done with a floating pilot reamer and a proper pilot for the barrel bore.
Actually worked out well for me with a little thought and help from Dave Kiff at PTG:

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/108-h-r-centerfire-rifles/411480-something-new-2.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts