Graybeard Outdoors banner

Quick Queston on removing Lugs from a barrel.

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  helobill 
#1 ·
Gonna send a barrel to have it beadblasted and want to remove the extractor and the sping loaded lugs.

Looks like the extractor is easy just drive out the roll pin but need to know about the spring loaded locking lugs. :roll:

Do you just put pressure on them and then push the pin out that sticks out on each side? If so does it have to go a "particular" way (is it tapered)?

Thanks in advance for the help...

DonT :D

#2 ·
Quick Queston on removing Lugs from a barre

The lugs are held in by a simple roll pin,just like the extractor. Apply slight pressure to the lugs and drive the pin out. ease the lugs out to relieve the spring pressure. This usually takes about three hands.
Regards
Rick

#5 ·

Well he obviously musta meant bolt spring. Don, if you don't have an exploded view, I've got both old and new models I can e-mail you. The whole part that's welded on is the lug, the part or parts that you want to remove are the bolts (really old models had a single bolt, newer models have a split bolt). Slightly compress the bolt spring (I use a small c-clamp) then drive out the bolt stop pin (part number 1104, Brownells sells a great little drift set) then carefully remove the c-clamp so you don't shoot the bolt and spring across the room. It is a straight pin, no taper.
Helicopter Bill

#6 ·

Well I guess that's what I get for making an assumption. I don't own any rimless cartridge barrels therefore no extractor springs. Shouldn't have assumed no one else did either. :grin: And thanks for giving me a 'halo' thtwit :toast: but most of the folks I work with would dissagree with me getting a halo :devil2: ,
Helicopter Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.