Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or fired the Taurus Raging Thirty. It is eight shot in .30Carbine. Could be great if included in a size for concealement.

Stellar clips should be better than speed loaders.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Never even heard of it. I own three Raging Bulls - is this an RB in .30 caliber? If yes, then what would be its intended purpose? :? Granted, you say it's an 8 shot, but what would you use it for? Certainly not hogs or deer? Right?

Zachary

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What for?

Zac,
Yes, it is an RB, .30cal. Use it for whatever you wish. The power level would be something about a .357 level, but with bullets of a better BC.

It is a higher than revolver pressure cartridge, which will make the porting more effective.

Another good reason is just because! Because what? I like different revolvers!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would expect there to be virtually no recoil in a Raging Bull in 30 Carbine and the high pressure should help the ports to reduce what little muzzle flip it would otherwise have. Could be a terrific varmint gun if it's accurate enough.

·
Registered
37 Posts
JohnK said:
I would expect there to be virtually no recoil in a Raging Bull in 30 Carbine and the high pressure should help the ports to reduce what little muzzle flip it would otherwise have. Could be a terrific varmint gun if it's accurate enough.
I have a Ruger blackhawk in .30 Carbine. I like it very much, but it is the LOUDEST pistol that I have ever heard apart from a friend's 50 AE.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Dito!! This is why I load my Blackhawk with cast bullets. The noise is tremendous with reasonably fast, jacketed loads but a 900 fps cast load makes it a dream to shoot and it's very accurate too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cast bullets in .30 Carbine Blackhawk.

Flash said:
Dito!! This is why I load my Blackhawk with cast bullets. The noise is tremendous with reasonably fast, jacketed loads but a 900 fps cast load makes it a dream to shoot and it's very accurate too.
Thanks; for some reason I hadn't thought of that. I wouldn't get rid of that gun because it does quite well on varmints at a reasonable distance. Before I put a 2X scope on it, I mada an iron-sighted one shot 90 kill on a groundhog, followed up by a 45 yard one. These were using 100gr. Speer half-jackets and a hot load of HS6. After the second withnessed shot, my hunting partner commented: "You're Wyatt Earp". THAT is why I like it so much.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I also have a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine and like it a lot. It is very loud when shot with high pressure jacketed ammo. It's got very light recoil, and is very accurate. Bill T.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts