Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a raised cheekpiece for a SL youth? Dare I say like the Rossi's have on them ???

·
Registered
273 Posts
You can also slide a piece of 1/2 inch foam (like from those cheap sleeping bag mats) under an elastic Allen stock cartridge holder. Makes a nice cheek piece and you still use the cartridge holder. Cut the foam about 4 inches wide and 7 to 8 inches long so it slides under on both sides of the stock. I use it on my 30-30, 45/70 and just put one on a used 270 I bought because it has the high rings on it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, watching my daughter try to shoot is making me pull my hair out and I don't have much left.

Dillo, I assume you mean those blue sleeping mats?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dillo, I assume you mean those blue sleeping mats?
Yes, I think they are less than $10.00 at Wal-Mart, Academy etc. You can probably also get something at Home Depot. Any kind of foam pad would work. Raising the point of contact by 1/2 inch or so makes a lot of difference and if you need more might be able to work another piece in. I anchor the cartridge holder before inserting the foam by slicing a small hole in it so the sling nut sticks through the bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts