Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a way to get a replacement ramrod for a 50 cal. huntsman? I have seen where some collapsible one have been made...looking for suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I lost the screw in end to my ram rod and I’m looking for a replacement end or replacement ram rod. I know Hubbard made one back in the day but they no longer make them. I’d love to hear suggestions myself.

·
Registered
943 Posts
There are several aftermarket ramrods that you can cut to length and get back in the woods pretty quick. I bought a Wonder Rod that you cut to size some years ago from Dixons Muzzleloading Shop in Kutztown Pa (610-756-6271) that served me well untill I found one that matched the broken one exactly.

You might also try Track Of The Wolf, and Tho Log Cabin Shop on the net. I've got a brass range rod I got from Log Cabin Shop which is long enough for my 54 Cal RB rifle.

Hope this helps out. Good luck.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is Ben Hubbard still in business? I bought mine from him. It is much sturdier than the factory rod and fits perfectly. I used a range rod when sighting in and practicing and only used the factory and Hubbard ramrod in the field. Still have the factory rod somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
51,270 Posts
Ben Hubbard's phone was disconnected in 2018, so I suspect he's no longer in the business.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts