Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to the range to shoot the gun, it is the same place I bought the gun from. The previous owner dropped off the ammo he said he had and I was extremely suppressed at what I saw. I got a bunch of New factory ammo, 5 boxes of Winchester 260 gr. partition Golds, 3 Boxes Winchester 260 gr. Platinum tips, 1 box Winchester 300 gr. jacketed flat points, 1 box Corbon 320 gr. Penetrator, a box of 50 each Buffalo bore 325 gr. cast , a box of 50 each Buffalo Bore 360 gr. cast, a box of 50 buffalo Bore 300 gr. JFN, a box of Hornady 240 gr. XTP's and a box of Hornady 300 ge XTP's. I also got some brass he shot and 2 new boxes of the Freedom arms 300 and 260 gr. bullets for reloading. WOW :eek: what a treat, I got a great deal on just the gun and this was totally unexpected. 8)

Now for the range report. I shot 4 boxes of ammo through it. I am extremely happy with the accuracy. I was only shooting at 25 yards off hand and had very good groups. I shot a box of the 240 and 300 gr. Hornady's and the impact was very close, only about a 1/2 inch difference. I then shot a box of the Winchester 260 gr. Platinum tips and a box of the Winchester 260 gr. Partition golds and again the groups were extremely tight for off hand shooting. I think this is going to be one of my favorite guns. :D

·
Administrator
26,058 Posts
Wait till you shoot those BB360s. Whoa what a handful that's gonna be. Hold on tight cuz it's gonna buck and roar. Without a scope they brought blood from the FA83 when I was doing the test. No the blood wasn't the gun's, it was mine but it sure got on the gun. Accurate tho until you get to where you can't concentrate anymore.

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Graybeard said:
Wait till you shoot those BB360s. Whoa what a handful that's gonna be. Hold on tight cuz it's gonna buck and roar. Without a scope they brought blood from the FA83 when I was doing the test. No the blood wasn't the gun's, it was mine but it sure got on the gun. Accurate tho until you get to where you can't concentrate anymore.
Oh thanks, now I will be scared to shoot them. :-D :-D
But I will remember that when I touch them off. :D

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Freedom Arms Handguns

Redhawk1

Sounds like an early Xmas with all the goodies you got with your 83. I'm envious but i will get over it, It may take a while though. Shoot it in good health..........Joe.........

·
Registered
371 Posts
BLOOD!!!!!

Try wearing a pair of bicycling gloves----with heavy loads, I use a pair of old style "stringbacks"----the pads help mitigate the shock and the leather helps control the slippage of the hand on the smooth grip upon recoil----keeps the skin intact!!! :grin: pg

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gun shop I go too also has another Model 83 premier grade for $1322.00 but with no other goodies. That was the one I was going to get before the guy walked in with the one I got. :D

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Freedom Arms Handguns

Redhawk1

Thats what you call being at the rite place at the rite time, I would love to have one and I'am going to have one in time, But have not seen one in my area yet, Good luck.........Joe.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts