Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question. How is the recoil reducer configured? I'm thinking of the thru-bolt on the butt stock. Also, d.i.y. or gunsmith installation? Costs?

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Redhawk, thanks for the reply. Neither you nor the site said much on #1 installation, but the picture i"m getting is this thing follows the butt stock screw. Is that the case? And from your post it sounds like just a friction fit without the shot? A plug in the stock screw hole?

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
sawebbshooter said:
Redhawk, thanks for the reply. Neither you nor the site said much on #1 installation, but the picture i"m getting is this thing follows the butt stock screw. Is that the case? And from your post it sounds like just a friction fit without the shot? A plug in the stock screw hole?
It is a simple process, not much to explain. The recoil reducer is a rounder cylinder filled with mercury and it goes in the stock hole for the stock screw. They recommend putting tape on the recoil reducer to prevent it from moving back and forth during firing of the gun. I used lead shot to add a little more weight to the stock and keep the recoil reducer from moving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts