Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the advantage of the mercury recoil suppressor vs simple lead shot in the stock (assuming equal weights).

I cant find much on the web for reviews and studies/comparisons, just places to buy them.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
??? ??? that one did not show up in my search,

thanks

are they press fit in the stock, glued, threaded?

I dont have a stock in front of me, is there much extra wood left when drilling out the hole for the large diam models?

·
Super Moderator
51,257 Posts
The only one I've used is the 7/8"x5"-16oz, it fits in the stock bolt hole of a Handi almost perfect, I used a leather pad on the front of it against the stock bolt head as a cushion, and a piece of PVC pipe behind it to take up the space. A couple wraps of electrician tape so it fit snug, but could still be pulled out with the ¼" bolt.

I just bought a Tikka T3 Lite 338WM, might be installing one in it, I'll use a piece of PVC pipe supported in expanding foam to mount it in...if I need it!! Another T3 owner had that done to his by a gunsmith. ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gotta ask, what were you thinking, buying a 338wm in any gun with "lite" in the name :eek:

My dad wants a 338wm, for target shooting no less. He and I feed each other when we are looking for a second opinion on the question - should I buy it. This is the first time I think one of us hesitated in answering that question. He was not too happy shooting my 45-70 with moderate loads so I am not encouraging him on this one. Then I started thinking about braking it, and then the mercury system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts