Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pandemic has people just a little out of their head right now. Sure makes me consider letting go of one of my two.

gunbroker.com/item/875246909

800.00!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
For that I’d sure let one go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For that I’d sure let one go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Granted, it has a 100.00 AAC flash hider on it but wow.

Reactions: 45/70fan

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Just seen a buff classic no sights beat up on a for sale site hes asking 700. Oh has 14 shells

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oof. I am really considering testing the waters. Fighting urge lol

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
They are worth whatever someone will pay.

The 30-30 is probably a better round than the .300 BO but it's not tacticool. Gotta be tactical if you want the big bucks. Even if it's just an old school single shot break open rifle.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are worth whatever someone will pay.

The 30-30 is probably a better round than the .300 BO but it's not tacticool. Gotta be tactical if you want the big bucks. Even if it's just an old school single shot break open rifle.
I agree Dave, except for the 30/30 as the all around better round. It outshines in certain areas for sure. Is my spare, tacti-cool enough?

·
Registered
868 Posts
$800 for any Handi is not near as crazy as paying a few million for a baseball card.
  • 1909 T206 Honus Wagner. Price: $3.12 million. ...
  • 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle. Price: $2.88 million.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I agree Dave, except for the 30/30 as the all around better round. It outshines in certain areas for sure. Is my spare, tacti-cool enough?

Yeah, that's totally tacti-cool!

I'd say put her up for auction on GB with a $500 min bid. You can use the profit to have JES rebore your other 300BO to .357 mag. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave, I was really considering "twinning " yours and do that with the spare.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Yeah, I'm feeling like a rebore is going to happen soon.

·
Registered
262 Posts
People have now gone full-on retard over these things. Sheer insanity. The OP sale was for $800. That was nuts. Then there was another one a few days later, where mrgundealer.com (a notorious GB lowballer), who got outbid on the first one, paid $830 (plus shipping) for another NOS gun.
Now a USED one (although claimed LNIB) just sold for $905. Apparently 2-3 newbies got to fighting over it.
Are these people insane? For a single shot Handi? You can buy 2-3 CVA Scouts for that price, if you must have a single, or you can buy 2 of lots of other good bolt or semi-auto guns for that price.
And there's at least 3 more of them out there right now for sale, so it isn't like they're that rare or hard to find.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Saw a post on here after I joined (2015) where these were being closed out for either $149 or $199. When used ones started bringing $400, I thought that was crazy. If I had a 300BO Handi, it would definitely be for sale!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BrianNH is right to a point. Yes you can get a CVA AND other production single shots at a better price. With that said the Handi AAC has been proven and lots of posts in multiple publications about them. Plus anything dead is worth more than alive. The Handi platform is dead, the AAC partnership happened once and it was with H&R. People need to get out of the mindset of when this forum got started and you could buy Handis and Pardners at Walmart. Its sad but true. I tried educating some forum posters on offering a brother a 300BLK. Yes I have 2 of them. One I paid up and one I feel very fair, but with saying that to some if I paid over 199 I was raped. But these are the same ppl who had a LS6 70 Chevelle 4spd in high school and thought they would never be worth anything and now 6 figures.

·
Registered
262 Posts
And there's at least 3 more of them out there right now for sale, so it isn't like they're that rare or hard to find.
2 of those 3 just went for $500 and 455. One had the ugly black plastic stock with hole in it, other one had the REALLY UGLY boxy black plastic stock with hole in it. Oddly, the one that went for more money was the one with the exceptionally ugly stock. Some poor guy named JoshBedell15 must be desperate to get one - he's been the second-highest bidder on every one of these.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts