Graybeard Outdoors banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey you guys ain't seen nothin' yet.

The last NIB one of these on GB went for over $800 to mrgundealer.com, a notorious GB lowballer. Anyway, he must have barrels of money, cuz he's bought at least 2 of these, including the previous NIB record holder at over $800 and the runner up LNIB that was in the $7s, I believe. Well another NIB one came up last week. It sat at about $600, with mrgundealer.com at the top, for most of the week, up until the last 15 minutes. I had planned to bid on it jus cuz mrgundealer.com doesn't need to own all of them. Well, before I could bid on it, this Randall Fricke came along and threw down the big bucks until he got it for a truly incredible $1125. mrgundealer.c's high bid was $1100.
Insane. They just are not that valuable! That's a crazy amount of money just for a little logo engraved on the receiver, which is essentially all that's special about them.

It's funny how more and more GB seems to be that all the real bidding is in the last half hour or so, despite the 15-minute rule, while eBay seems to have less and less last-second bidding and most of the bidding taking place during the week, until by the time the item closes, it's priced so high no one would bid more anyway. It used to be the other way around.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The really ironic thing is that now it appears that the word is getting around that people are willing to pay stupid prices for these 300 AAC rifles, so everybody that has one is now selling it to cash in. There are currently at least 5 up for sale on GB ranging from used to NIB.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The really ironic thing is that now it appears that the word is getting around that people are willing to pay stupid prices for these 300 AAC rifles, so everybody that has one is now selling it to cash in. There are currently at least 5 up for sale on GB ranging from used to NIB.
I love guns as much as anybody. But when their bringing 3x what I think their worth, that love goes away.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't know what that mrgundealer.com is planning to do with all these NIB 300 AAC Handi rifles, but he's bought at least 3 of them so far, maybe 4, just since I started watching this stuff. He's the one who paid over $800 for one of the ones that started this thread. He just paid $750 (only bidder) for another NIB one tonight. How many more NIB can there be? My guess is he plans to hoard them and bring them back out next year for $1500+. There was a LNIB that was going for low $5s to some very eager NR, but I bid it up to over 6 & gave up on it.

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
He must be speculating about an increase in demand. Election related perhaps?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I over paid for my 300 BO barrel off ebay and don't regret it. It's five guns in one with the new powders and cast bullets. I can make it shoot like an M1 carbine .30 cal. with 115 gr. cast powder coated pullets and CFE Blackout powder. The 125 jacketed bullet and black out powder duplicate the SKS load, 7.62x39. The 135 gr. cast bullet is my favorite again with blackout powder and call it my BO load because cheap to shoot. I can use 150 gr. jacketed bullet and Lil Gun to make it shoot like the orginal 30/30 load. Then it becomes a .30-40 with 180 gr. jacketed bullets and Lil Gun. The last loading are subsonic in cast lead up to 220 gr. for home defense or to finish off downed game or livestock. It would be my last barrel I parted with.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I over paid for my 300 BO barrel off ebay and don't regret it. It's five guns in one with the new powders and cast bullets. I can make it shoot like an M1 carbine .30 cal. with 115 gr. cast powder coated pullets and CFE Blackout powder. The 125 jacketed bullet and black out powder duplicate the SKS load, 7.62x39. The 135 gr. cast bullet is my favorite again with blackout powder and call it my BO load because cheap to shoot. I can use 150 gr. jacketed bullet and Lil Gun to make it shoot like the orginal 30/30 load. Then it becomes a .30-40 with 180 gr. jacketed bullets and Lil Gun. The last loading are subsonic in cast lead up to 220 gr. for home defense or to finish off downed game or livestock. It would be my last barrel I parted with.
I agree with you. Most versatile round out there .

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yea, love the caliber, but for less than that I got an AAC Rem 700 hog tamer..just sayin.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well I got 1 of my two less than your barrel cost...

·
Premium Member
16,505 Posts
Has anyone noticed what USH are selling for on GB?????

800$ PLUS!! OMG!!

CW

·
Premium Member
16,505 Posts
Yesterday I saw a Ruger Single Seven 327 sold for almost 1900$!!!! It was the lil birds head gun but still!!!!
Awesome little gun! But. NOt nearly 2G awesome!!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yesterday I saw a Ruger Single Seven 327 sold for almost 1900$!!!! It was the lil birds head gun but still!!!!
Awesome little gun! But. NOt nearly 2G awesome!!
Holy smokes!

·
Premium Member
16,505 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yep, the magic formula every seller hopes for - 2 guys, usually NRs or newbies with low feedback counts, each determined to fight it out to the death. And of course, not understanding how proxy bidding works, they bid 50 times in single bid increments. Actually this time it was 2 guys with low feedback counts, but members since 2013 & 2017.

The really weird thing I've observed over and over is that the people who didn't win it, but just HAD to have the item and bid over and over and over suddenly lost interest and you don't see them bidding at all on the same thing in another auction that comes up after the one they lost. The guy who sold this one now has another one up for sale, but it's all new bidders. Levergunlefty, the guy who bid that one up so high and lost, is now nowhere to be seen on the latest one up for sale. Ruger Single Seven .327 Federal Magnum 08163 NEW Ruger Single 7 327 Fed. - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 899899132

Even weirder, and I see it all the time, is when you have multiple auctions for the same thing, but these people get so focused on their one auction and on "beating the other guy" that they ignore what's around them, and keep bidding that one listing way up, while another listing for the exact same thing might have much lower bidding.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Right now on Gunbroker there is a old H&R 16 ga. Long Tom single shot that’s at $ 1025.00 !

jedman

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wow Jedman, that has got to be one of the craziest overbidding stories I've heard yet. Of course, if the high bidder is low feedback or especially NR, it remains to be seen if he'll actually PAY for it.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts