Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recovered a Cor-Bon .357 bullet my daughter used Sat. to kill her buck. The shot was at approx. 65 yards from her Handi Rifle. It entered right behind the shoulder, and stopped slightly aft on the other side under the skin. Cor-Bon uses the Barnes TSX bullets. This is the first bullet I have ever recovered. He ran about 50 yards.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
It's great to see a kid having fun hunting.

But I'm not sure that was a Barnes TSX bullet. Barnes TSX are all copper as far as I know. But the bullet looks like it performed perfectly no matter.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
billy_56081 said:
It's great to see a kid having fun hunting.

But I'm not sure that was a Barnes TSX bullet. Barnes TSX are all copper as far as I know. But the bullet looks like it performed perfectly no matter.
My mistake, it's a Bonded Core Soft Point.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob_VT said:
Have you put the bullet back on a reloading scale? I like to re-weigh them when I recover them. It is nice to see ALL the energy was expended in the animal.
Good idea.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Bob_VT said:
Have you put the bullet back on a reloading scale? I like to re-weigh them when I recover them. It is nice to see ALL the energy was expended in the animal.
here here its funny sometimes listening to all these hunters talk about pass throughs just to wonder why their deer ran away put all your energy in to a deer and it will drop and you wont need two holes to bleed out caz you dont need a blood trail when the deer doesn't move

1 - 8 of 8 Posts