Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Don't think in the short term - bulk ammo may not be that easy to get 10 years from now - who knows? What if you buy a gun which ammo is almost impossible to buy, or cost a small fortune?

Best thing about reloading gear - stuff just about lasts forever. And the stuff that breaks, most companies will replace it.

I've had most of my stuff since the 70's, still going strong. I figure I paid off my investment way back by 1980 - since then I've been saving money with every reload.

When my Dad passed away a couple of years ago - I got his stuff, and some of it is being used by my sons.

If you're serious about shooting - then reloading is the only logical answer in my book. With states like California trying to do crazy things with the purchasing of ammo - being able to reload is the smart choice.

· Registered
151 Posts
MG66 - nice spreadsheet -

one suggestion - your price per round including brass cost needs to take into consideration the amount of times you can reload a brass cartridge.

Typically, I can reload anwhere from 15 to 50 times depending on the caliber, brass, and type of load. Even at 10 reloads per brass, the cost per round, even if you were to buy the brass drops down to a cent or two max over the cost of bullet, powder and primer.

Certainly makes the numbers look even better!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.