Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Krochus: Well, he sure does overload but his analysis of variations in the CZ-52 strengths and his analysis of barrel lug area failures is correct.

He isn't so nuts about rechambering a 9mm or 7.62x25mm for the 9x23mm. Yers ago I ordered a 38 Super barrel for my Tok and will shoot factory power level loads in that caliber if I want to shoot heavier bullets. And yes, the 38 Super and the 9x23 case can both handle 158 gn bullets. Just for giggles I also got a 9mm barrel for my Tok but neither the 9mm or the 38 Super shoot to the poa the sights are regulated for so whenever I drop the Tok into a holster it is most often in the original 7.62x25mm caliber.

BTW, a lot of 38 Super shooters use the 9x23 brass as it eliminates feeding problems with the small rim of the 38 Super some pistols experience. HTH. Mikey.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mikey said:
Krochus: Well, he sure does overload but his analysis of variations in the CZ-52 strengths and his analysis of barrel lug area failures is correct.

He isn't so nuts about rechambering a 9mm or 7.62x25mm for the 9x23mm. Yers ago I ordered a 38 Super barrel for my Tok and will shoot factory power level loads in that caliber if I want to shoot heavier bullets. And yes, the 38 Super and the 9x23 case can both handle 158 gn bullets. Just for giggles I also got a 9mm barrel for my Tok but neither the 9mm or the 38 Super shoot to the poa the sights are regulated for so whenever I drop the Tok into a holster it is most often in the original 7.62x25mm caliber.

BTW, a lot of 38 Super shooters use the 9x23 brass as it eliminates feeding problems with the small rim of the 38 Super some pistols experience. HTH. Mikey.
I don't doubt that for a second but I feel the 357magnum double charge cancelles out any other intelligent thoughts in this post.

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Krochus wrote: I don't doubt that for a second but I feel the 357magnum double charge cancelles out any other intelligent thoughts in this post.

I am in total agreement with you there. Mikey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts