Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the last couple of weeks things have really started looking up. A couple different shops now appear to have full supplies of powders and much better on primers. Prices are just a bit more than a year ago. Almost all ammo available including .380 at $19.95 a box, .223 around $12 and 30-06 around $20.00. Hope this continues.
GuzziJohn

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Same here in Minn. Although I'm just putting together my bench, I've watched and listened to local gents for over a year. Local stores now have primers and powder in their glass lockers insted of notes asking if you want to be on "the list".

Also, just met a Nolser rep that's a member of our shooting range/rifle club, he's said (with pause) that suppliers are getting
caught-up to demand, hopefully the incesant hoarding that's be going on for the last year is nearing an end.

IMO, The problem has been caused by consumers and no other entity,,anyone remember pre-Y2K?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Supplies better here too. I'm not paranoid but I wouldn't call stocking up some extra supplies baseless? There are plenty of goofy ideas trying to get passed, with more to come when the time is right.

·
Registered
313 Posts
guzzijohn said:
Just in the last couple of weeks things have really started looking up. A couple different shops now appear to have full supplies of powders and much better on primers. Prices are just a bit more than a year ago. Almost all ammo available including .380 at $19.95 a box, .223 around $12 and 30-06 around $20.00. Hope this continues.
GuzziJohn
Where at in central Kansas? I live in Topeka, and we still don't have near what we did a year ago. The local Gates of ****(Walmart) doesn't have hardly anything at all. I haven't seen a box of loaded .357's here in town for over 9 months at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.