Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have mine to measure and would like to purchase them from a hardware store for penny's rather then a gun shop for dollars. I suppose I could bring in my shotgun in and try some, but I'm betting my local hardware retailer wouldn't be to excited about the idea.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
peakoftherut said:
I don't have mine to measure and would like to purchase them from a hardware store for penny's rather then a gun shop for dollars. I suppose I could bring in my shotgun in and try some, but I'm betting my local hardware retailer wouldn't be to excited about the idea.
Jeez, I remember a time when all the hardware stores sold guns. Call ahead, and if they don't want you to bring it in, don't do any bussiness with them!I bought my first centerfire rifle, a Winchester 94, from the used gun rack at the local Western Auto store. Carried it right down Main Street to my car, and nobody gave me a second glance.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Take Graybeards idea into consideration or bit the bullet and buy one for a sample

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o-ring

Thanks Tony, thats exactly what I was looking for. I was a little hesitant to just measure the tube on the shotgun because sometimes the manufactures specify and under sized o-ring. By streching it they know they will get a tight fit and a thinner ring thickness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would not recommend buying cheapie hardware store O-rings for your 1100. They are likely Butyl rubber and will not last. Get Viton O-Rings, they may cost a little but will last. I believe size 21 is correct.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o-ring

Viton o rings are resistant to gasoline, and I thought that was the main reason for there use. I don't know if they will wear better or not. I do know they are hard to find. I looked all over for one for a pressure regulator for my Jeep. I found places on the net were I could order them in very large quantities. A guy at a shop was nice enough to give me one. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
51 Posts
tony212 said:
Assuming you need them for a 12 gauge, the size is 1" ID, 1 1/8" OD, 1/16" wall.

Hope that helps
Tony212
Tony212

Where did those measurements come from? Did you measure a new original?

I was doing some searching on the o-ring size as I want to pick up some spares. All of the other measurements that I found are: 15/16" ID; 1 1/16" OD; 1/16 W.

I was going to pick some up today, but will wait for your response so that I do not buy the wrong ones.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I bought a bunch at an Aubuchon Hardware store and those were the measurements on the package. So far I haven't had any problems with them.
Tony212

·
Registered
367 Posts
Over the years I have seen lots of 1100's not function becasue of an improper Oring. Make sure that you get the right size and make sure you test fire every one of them to check for function. I personally don't screw around and just pay the long dollar for the Remington parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts