Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are Rem. 700 ADL synthetic stock rifles so inexpensively priced? I see them on GB for well under $500! I'm thinking about buying one and having it "customed out" with a McMillan stock and new bbl. Is this a reasonable plan? Thanks in advance and kindest regards.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
I have two ADLs and they are my go-to rifles for whitetail. Just a little problem loading in the dark.

·
22,367 Posts
matte bluing, cheap stock with a molded trigger guard and no floor plate. But at its heart is a 700 action and that puts it a step above all the cheap bolt guns if you ask me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
2012 308 bdl. can't get it to shoot better timnney trigger Boydsstock free floated should shoot less than MOA

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
The action is the heart of any bolt action rifle. There is not a better action than Remington's. The barrel matters and the trigger matters. The stock Remington trigger is easily adjustable and very safe in my opinion. I still own many and they are safe at 3lbs, which is ideal for hunting
The ADL is not substandard to the BDL or CDL. You can build a great rifle off an ADL or enjoy it as it is. I have on old ADL in 270 that I got in a multi-gun swap. Never shot it for 10 years. Now, it is my favorite deer rifle and is deadly accurate. Never owned a rifle that I would feel better with in a deer stand.

·
22,367 Posts
my favorite bolt action deer rifle is a sps 3006 I picked up used with that ugly black plastic stock for 300 bucks. I found a cdl wood stock on ebay and bedded the barreled action in it and added a timney trigger. Gun shoots 3/4s of an inch all day long and to me the cdl stock with the matte bluing of the sps looks better then the real cdls with the gloss bluing do. Ive got 550 into that gun and you wouldn't get it away from me for twice that.
The action is the heart of any bolt action rifle. There is not a better action than Remington's. The barrel matters and the trigger matters. The stock Remington trigger is easily adjustable and very safe in my opinion. I still own many and they are safe at 3lbs, which is ideal for hunting
The ADL is not substandard to the BDL or CDL. You can build a great rifle off an ADL or enjoy it as it is. I have on old ADL in 270 that I got in a multi-gun swap. Never shot it for 10 years. Now, it is my favorite deer rifle and is deadly accurate. Never owned a rifle that I would feel better with in a deer stand.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I was given a new ADL in a plastic stock years ago. I didn't believe it was possible for a rifle to shoot that bad and I love the 700 ADL in the wood stock. I got it out of the stockand that was a chore. Felt like it was glued in! Completely opened up the stock including the recoil lug so I could simply drop the barrel action in and lift it our, bedded from there. All of a sudden it became a very accurate rifle! I have since found a 700 ADL take off stock and replaced that ugly plastic stock. Very good shooting rifle. Have several other 700's all with the Walker trigger and all set the three pounds and never a problem with any of them. You couldn't pay me to replace them.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
700 ADL in 22-250 with 26" heavy barrel. Picked it up a couple weeks back for $325. Adjusted the factory trigger myself, zero stock work. First 3 shots at 50 yards with book starting load, 55g SGK's, H335 powder, 3400fps. It shot the max book load of 33g equally well @ 3600fps. Will definitely be looking for the same gun in different calibers.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
An ADL in .204 Ruger or 22-250 is on my Lookout list. I am a big fan of the blind magazine. I don't own a 700 at the moment but I sure need to cure that situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts