Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a G-3 that works fine with factory skeet loads and 1 oz. reloads . My load of choice for skeet is 7/8 #9 shot at 1200 feet per. sec. they work great in my old 1100 but will not cycle in the G-3.I talked to Remington but they wont give out any info. about what modifications will make the G-3 function with my light skeet loads,it"s probaley a liability thing. Any one have any advice.

·
Administrator
26,175 Posts
Mine had no problem with such loads they functioned just fine. Perhaps you just need to keep it clean and properly lubed. No modifications should be required.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gun is clean and lubed,not the problem.A fellow shooter suggested cutting a couple of coils off the action spring anyone know if this will work.

·
Administrator
26,175 Posts
Don't think I'd do that unless I had an extra on hand just in case it didn't work at all afterward. A lighter one if you could find it might work but I'm not a fan of making springs shorter than their intended length.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Store with bolt open for an extended period of time. I did this on an sp-10 until it stared cycling then went back to closing it for storage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts