Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just my usual supplier or has Remington slowed or stopped making brass?? There are a bunch with "limited production", "seasonal run" etc etc--- and they are in calibers I use in by Handis.......

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
kinda normal for this time of year.....specially hunting chamberings :(

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
For years Remington got my money when I needed shells, shotgun, .22lr, rifle.

Then their inexpensive line of .22lr ammo went to crap. So I stopped buying it.
Over time I have found there are other company's with just as good if not better product for the same or slightly less.

For the last 2 years my ammo of choice has been Privi Partizan and it has not failed me yet.
Started when their re-loadable soft point ammo was 1/3 less expensive than the normal USA manufacture, winchester, etc.

I ended up doing some mexican match with some of it, tulammo, etc. The cheap stuff has huge powder and bullet variations. Privi was always consistent, within a tenth of a grain on powder and 2-3 tenths on bullets.

I prefer mostly to reload my own brass, or buy good brass and reload it.
But if I am going to buy factory loaded ammo I will look for Privi Partizan first. It's good stuff.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Ghosth said:
For years Remington got my money when I needed shells, shotgun, .22lr, rifle.

Then their inexpensive line of .22lr ammo went to crap. So I stopped buying it.
Over time I have found there are other company's with just as good if not better product for the same or slightly less.

For the last 2 years my ammo of choice has been Privi Partizan and it has not failed me yet.
Started when their re-loadable soft point ammo was 1/3 less expensive than the normal USA manufacture, winchester, etc.

I ended up doing some mexican match with some of it, tulammo, etc. The cheap stuff has huge powder and bullet variations. Privi was always consistent, within a tenth of a grain on powder and 2-3 tenths on bullets.

I prefer mostly to reload my own brass, or buy good brass and reload it.
But if I am going to buy factory loaded ammo I will look for Privi Partizan first. It's good stuff.
Odd.... When found,(PPV brass) I imeadoately toss that brass in the scrap bin! Lol :eek:

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PM inbound 8)

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
cwlongshot said:
Odd.... When found, I imeadoately toss that brass in the scrap bin! Lol :eek:
I see my finger missed the "quote" button...

My reply was really about the use of PPV BRASS... Remmy has its faults. But by and large it's fine.

CW

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I use PPU brass along with just about any type brass for my 223 reloads. I haven't found that much difference with their brass. Of course the R&P, FC and Winchester brass last for more loadings, but when I use PPU for my 223 reloads, it has the same POI for me.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
OldSchoolRanger said:
I use PPU brass along with just about any type brass for my 223 reloads. I haven't found that much difference with their brass. Of course the R&P, FC and Winchester brass last for more loadings, but when I use PPU for my 223 reloads, it has the same POI for me.
One difference is I have to reset the swadger cause it's thicker brass thru the web.

It may not be a problem
In and of itself, but it's not able to be used with other brass. So it's out for me. ;)

CW

CW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts