Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is about time,

Remington sent me a brand new LVSF stock in exchange for my original which had a small chip out of the cheek piece and also noticeable dinging at the fore end. I was very surprised to see this. No questions asked and they sent me the replacement the same day they recieved it. To top things off, my rifle, a .223 Rem, is shooting great. I did an excellent bedding job on it; this probably my tenth bedding job. I used a tungsten carbide bit I bought at Lowes to grind groves and notches everywhere I wanted the bedding then I taped it off and used Acraglass. Man did this bedding job turn out right! Pays off to spend some time doing the prep work. Anyhow, It is topped with a Weaver 4-14-40 silver scope, leupold mounts, and I have a Jewell trigger on the way.

Yeah, I know the Jewells are expensive and I really can't afford it but I have an exeption; my wife shot it after shooting my 10/22 with a 9 oz KID trigger on it and told me that the Remington trigger was horrible and that I needed to get one like is on the 10/22. And yes I ajdusted it. Now, I have permission. Very good. I hope I like the trigger. I have never used or owned a Jewel. BTW it is the stainless model. Also the LVSF is very sharp looking as well. And when I was grinding away at the inside of the stock I noticed fiber glass pieces throughout. Very Sturdy.

Good shooting

Robert :D :-D

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is hope

Well maybe Remington is reading the forums, and is trying
to correct their reputation for slow, and unsatisfactory customer
service. As a once loyal Remington fan, I was saddened to see
their quality drop, and their customer service decline. Hopefully
they find a way to put quality back in their firearms, smiles
on their customer's faces, and still turn a profit. I have my eye
on Remington, if I see more real evidence of change,
I will be looking at one of the XR rifles, in 338 RUM. When the
cash gets in place for a 338 mag, as it stands now, it will be a TIkka,
in .338 Win Mag, rather than my first choice of a 338 RUM.
I hope to see more posts like this one, and fewer posts about
shoddy workmanship, and non responsive customer service.

Squeeze

·
Registered
41 Posts
My view

I have been in the gun business over 40 years. During those years, I have witnessed Remingotns customer care go from "A" grade to a "D" grade and quality has suffered also.

Honestly, I sell 10 Savage rifles to every 3 Remington rifles and I deal with many law enforcement agencies/officers. Their is a reason for this, Savage produces a qaulity item, backs their items up and are cheaper than a Remington. The shooters will then put the additional money saved from their gun purchase into a higher qaulity scope.

This all being said, I hope Remington has and will continue to improve upon their products and customer care. I do not want to see any gun company go under.

Ken

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've been a Remington fan for many years. I've never had to use their costomer service despite owning and shooting many of their firearms. It's good to hear they will treat a person right when there is a problem. :grin:

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
I sent back a remington big game knife for some minor work this was over 6 weeks ago I know they got it, I have not heard back from them so I called them and they put me on hold for a while came back and told me they could not find it but it may not have been checked in yet and to call back in 2 weeks, I did this and they still could not give me any information about my knife, I called back yesterday and I was told it will be at least another 2 weeks before they can repair it ( resharpen the gut hook) and ship it back out to me.

I think they lost it and will not say so. this is not good customer service

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Bolt Action Rifles

1longshot,

Its nice to hear some one say something nice about Remington rifles.
And their service, personally i have never had an occasion to send any thing back. In the fifty some years i've been active in the shooting world i've never had any problems that i couldn't fix myself. I read some posts about stuck cases in a remington rifle and they had the guts to blame the rifle. I would rather think they might have screwed up on the loading bench and then blame the gun. Its a pleasure to read a post and not flame the remington co. Thank you sir........Joe.........

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've been a Remington fan for many years, also a major critic. I guess I expect more from Remington than the others. Many of my rifles are Remingtons from the 70s and 80s. All are top notch rifles. I don't think most of their rifles today can compare to them. My last 3 have required glass bedding the action, floating the barrel and trigger work to make them shoot accurately. I don't feel I should have to fork over the $200+ to make a fairly expensive rifle shoot. This has really become a sore point with me, and I'm weaning myself from their products. Maybe they should hire more gunsmiths and fewer lawyers. I doubt that a lawyer has ever built a decent rifle. They seem to be shooting themselves in the foot, and I fail to see why. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
rickyp said:
I sent back a remington big game knife for some minor work this was over 6 weeks ago I know they got it, I have not heard back from them so I called them and they put me on hold for a while came back and told me they could not find it but it may not have been checked in yet and to call back in 2 weeks, I did this and they still could not give me any information about my knife, I called back yesterday and I was told it will be at least another 2 weeks before they can repair it ( resharpen the gut hook) and ship it back out to me.

I think they lost it and will not say so. this is not good customer service
Sounds about normal for Remington. I think they lost it too. Good luck getting a replacement. Lawdog
:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts