Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
traded for some 45/70 bullets 500 grain gas checked, but the lube appears sticking and has some grit, how do i remove and re lube

·
Registered
281 Posts
Try boiling a handful in water in an old pan. If the lube comes off readily & floats to the top you've got it made. Let everything cool, and just lift the solidified lube from the top & reclaim your bullets for relubing. Please remember that you can't ever use the pan for food again.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks rubbed some off, looks like a copper lube

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I got a box of 500 .452 projectiles at a flea market, most of the lube had dried and fallen out and they were all gritty from sitting around open for ?months/years? I put them in a mesh basket and used my pressure-washer on them, then re-lubed them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
might try that the wife would probably appreciate it

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
A quick soak in mineral spirits should do it. Once the old lubed has been removed just toss them in a plastic zip loc bag with some liquid alox and a little bit of rubbing alcohol. Knead them around a bit until they are coated and then dump them out on a piece of aluminum foil to dry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.