Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you folks remove sizing lube from the cases or do you remove it at all. I know some people who run them through the tumbler but doesn't that effect the media? I have heard about water base lube remover. Have any of you folks used the water base stuff?

·
Administrator
26,058 Posts
Well unlike Cisco I can't use that method. I have arthritis in my hands so bad that after a few I just can't keep going.

I have a second tumbler filled with corn cob media I use for this purpose. My lube is RCBS spray on lube and I just run them in this corn cob media for an hour or so and then they are ready to load.

GB

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I don't have the arthritis but I figure the media in my tumbler is cheaper than my time so I use the tumbler too. Like GB and others I use a light lube that comes off easily but even wiping cases, I would have to use a solvent of some kind to get the cases oil-free. Water and brass is not a good combination unless you can dry them (don't put them in the oven over 200-250 degrees F!) quickly.

PaulS

·
Registered
54 Posts
case lube

When i get through loading i put my cases in corn cobb media with Nu finish car polish for about 30 min.My hollow point rounds i use the course walnut media with Nu finish car polish so the media does'nt fill my hollow points up.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I use Birchwood Casey

liquid case cleaner. Mix 2 oz per gallon of water and let the brass soak 2 or 3 minutes, rinse. I let them dry for a day or two. Really come out clean and lube free.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dupont #7

When I am done sizing my cases I soak them in water with a little bit of Dawn dishwashing detergent. After they dry out thoroughly I tumble them in corn cob media with a little bit of Dupont #7 Chrome polish. This is the best brass cleaner I have ever found. Got a bunch of it at Western Auto years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts