Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just called, one of his friends just inherited his Grandfather's 788...The bolt is missing!!!

I think this has to be fitted by a gunsmith, does anyone know who might sell replacement bolts???

Thanks....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, it will most definitely have to be fitted by a gunsmith. Sorry, I have no idea who might be selling replacement bolts right now.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Tell your friend to LOOK around his grandfathers house real good in all the hiding places, removing the bolts was a way of keep the thieves from steeling the guns during a break-in, as without a bolt it had NO VALUE to a thief wishing to just sell it quickly. and yes it will probably need to be refitted by a gunsmith (the replacement) that is, Give Remington they may be able to steer him in the right direction. JIM

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Try the online auction sights such as gunbroker and auctionArms.. These rifle haven't been made for many years and parts are hard to find. The best bet would be a more thorough search of the house the rifle came out of.. The head space would need checking at least and most likely adjustment..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had really good luck with Western gun parts for bolts also I just got a couple of pre 60's win bolts from down under, their are still parts their.

·
Registered
557 Posts
jpcampbell said:
I have had really good luck with Western gun parts for bolts also I just got a couple of pre 60's win bolts from down under, their are still parts their.

How does one contact Western gun parts?

Thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
Check out www.wisnersinc.com they have what you are looking for. They sell and will fit it. You probably won't like the price, but if you want to get the ol' girl going it's a small price to pay. Good luck CRASH87

1 - 8 of 8 Posts