Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the double-set triggers on a Lyman Great Plains rifle with a single trigger that is non-set?

My wife currently shoots a borrowed T/C Renegade with a Green Mountain roundball barrel.

She wants her own round ball rifle, but doesn't care for double-set triggers. I'm thinking about buying a Great Plains with the round ball twist and then change out the triggers.

Anybody?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Replacing double-set triggers with single n

I shoot my Great Plains all the time without setting the "set" trigger, especially when I am hunting. It is purely optional and a matter of choice.

·
Registered
420 Posts

Right, you don't have to use the set,,just pull the front. But if it's un-comfortable,,perhaps it can be changed.

Get ahold of Track of the Wolf in ElkRiver,MN. Greg or just about anyone else will give you a proper answer. Heres a link,,you can e-mail them from their site and/or find their ph# :D
www.trackofthewolf.com

·
Registered
154 Posts

I shoot the Great Plains and do not like the feel (lack of) set triggers, I just can't tell when they are going to release. I took the stock trigger group out and removed the set trigger, spring & etc., polished the regular trigger and lock/sear. It's about 2 lbs and very nice for hunting.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

wy not just get your a lyman trade rifle it has a single trigger. and is a bit lighter might soot her more.
bernie :wink:

·
Banned
802 Posts

A good single non set trigger is all about geometry. Personally, I prefer a non set to a set if it's a good trigger. You should be able to purchase a trigger that will fit the triggerguard. Decide where you want it and then drill and place it with a pin throuh the wood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts