Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My broomhandle Mauser has no rifling left in the barrel. I would like to ether have it re-rifled to 9mm, or relined to 30cal, but haven't had much luck (or confidence) in the gunsmiths I've talked to. I remember seeing places in shotgun news that did this, but cannot find them now. Does anyone have a good source or competent gunsmith that can do the job?

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Anthony - don't know where you are located but I believe 'Mentor Arms' (???) on Long Island in New York rebuilds and refurbishes the 96 Mauser pistols like yours.

If your 30 Mauser barrel is shot out, I believe they can either replace it in the same caliber, as current usable ammo is now available, or rebarrel/reline in 9mm or possibly even 9mm Export (similar to the 9mm Largo).

Keep checking the Shotgun News for their adds, I see them now and then.

BTW, if you send your pistol to them they will completely refurbish it with new springs and a complete checkover. I have seen a couple aof their pieces at some guns shows and they make me drool. HTH. Mikey.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mentor was in Ohio

The town still is, but the gunsmith retired. You might try:

Redman's Rifling & re-boring
189 Nichols, Omak, WA 98841 509-826-5512
Quote: $100

The Gun Rack
12461 Adams,
Brooksville, FL 34613 352-597-3794
Quote: $80

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
You may want to try Numrich Gun parts they did have a listing on it and i believe its a chromed lined barrel. If their out of them maybe they can send yours out to be done?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts