Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for reaching out! Glad you are a fan of both brands, as that was the type of synergy that we were hoping for in acquiring Marlin!

We too are thrilled that the Bankruptcy Court has approved our bid to purchase the assets of Marlin Firearms. Once the sale is complete, we will begin the process of relocating the Marlin Firearms assets to existing Ruger manufacturing facilities. Sometime after that we will begin setting up production for new, Ruger-made, Marlin branded firearms. We ask for your patience and continued support while we work through this process.

Our intent is to keep true to the Marlin brand and ensure that its 150-year history and great, American-made products live on. Sign up for our e-mail and newsletter list at Ruger.com/Marlin to receive notifications along the way.

Thanks again for your support! Chris Killoy Ruger President & CEO

Reactions: 336ER and TLARbb

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
yeah thanks for posting. I wondered what would happen to Marlin. I hope Ruger can get it going w quality rifles again.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Sounds better to me than Remlin. May take some time but may be just the thing we need to get back to basics. Take care, John.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I guess I'll pass on "cast" receiver Marlin, as I'm betting the forged receivers, days are numbered!!

DM

·
22,396 Posts
i can honestly say after owning probably over a 100 guns and probably more then a half of them rugers that rugers quality control SUCKS. Ive had more rugers back to the factory then every other brand combined. Makes me shake my head when someone claims a ruger is some premium brand of gun. Personaly id take a 700 ANY DAY over a 77. So why did i buy so many rugers. For one in single actions theres no competitor for actually hunting guns. Da rugers? I learned my lesson quickly and only owned a couple. 77s? Ive had better luck with cheap savage mossberg ect bolt guns for accuracy. There not a pimple on the ^^^ of a 700 or 70 or 110 in accuracy. But i like the looks of them so kept trying to find good ones. Probably owned 2 doz and have had exactly one that i considered an exceptional shooter. A blued mark II in 2506. Matter of fact #1s have been much better shooting guns for me then 77s. It was as rare to find a tang saftey 77 that was moa then to find a 700 back then that wasnt. Comical thing today is ruger americans cost half as much and shoot much better then there 77s ever did. Ruger makes and has made some real cool stuff but there quality control SUCKS.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
I also have owned quite a few Rugers, The ones I've owned DID NOT have the accuracy of my Remingtons. I really like some Ruger models, for example the: Mini30, the Mini14 Ranch Rifle, the #1, and #3's, and the "Boat Paddle" stocked Ruger All Weather Model 77. Their Mark I, .22 pistol, and 10-22 are classics. I just wish that their accuracy was much better.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Same here, I'm not a big Ruger fan either...I also have seen quite a bit of poor quality from Ruger...

DM

·
Super Moderator
10,902 Posts
I must have the only "good" Rugers in my safe then. Two rifles, one an accurate, flawless working, stainless, bolt action, K77/22RP with which I will never part and the other an extremely accurate, flawless working, blue, bolt action, 308 American (my first 308 too). While I cannot say definitively, that I have a plethora of experience with other manufacturers, as others here have significantly more, I can say my Rugers have been very kind to me in the ways in which I employ their services. No ill will here for Ruger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I must have the only "good" Rugers in my safe then. Two rifles, one an accurate, flawless working, stainless, bolt action, K77/22RP with which I will never part and the other an extremely accurate, flawless working, blue, bolt action, 308 American (my first 308 too). While I cannot say definitively, that I have a plethora of experience with other manufacturers, as others here have significantly more, I can say my Rugers have been very kind to me in the ways in which I employ their services. No ill will here for Ruger.
Not the only two. My dad's tang safety 77 in 270 is a 1/2 shooter with handloads after he relieved the stock to float the barrel. I've owned a few SBHs, and a 22/45 that are/were all shooters and I've got a red pad No. 1 in 375HH that's currently on delay but looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I own a boat full of various Rugers. The only one I have ever had issues with was a birdshead gripped 32 Magnum. Ruger could not fix it, so thy gave me a choise of ANY revolver in their current line up to replace it.

They have also sent me replacement parts for projects I have done for free. Even tho it was no fault of theirs that I needed parts.
Ruger has just been a fantastic Gun MFG.. for me. They are #1in my collection

·
Super Moderator
10,902 Posts
The OP was not discussing Customer Service, but now that you mention it...many here are familiar with my (long version) stainless 357 Mag Ruger SP101, dropped from its holster while bush hogging, "dinged" and literally ejected from under the bush hog, barely scratched - really - but enough so that it would no longer function, sent back to Ruger with my apology for "dinging it", asked for repair or refurbished replacement SOLELY AT MY COST, was determined by Ruger to be a total loss, was called by Ruger and ASKED if I would accept a BRAND NEW SP101 straight off of the line, was speechless, was chided by the Ruger Rep that "folks usually don't quibble about a free gun", so I have a NEW stainless SP101 - THANK YOU RUGER!

·
22,396 Posts
I own a boat full of various Rugers. The only one I have ever had issues with was a birdshead gripped 32 Magnum. Ruger could not fix it, so thy gave me a choise of ANY revolver in their current line up to replace it.

They have also sent me replacement parts for projects I have done for free. Even tho it was no fault of theirs that I needed parts.
Ruger has just been a fantastic Gun MFG.. for me. They are #1in my collection
yup i can critisize some of the junk ive seen them put out but there customer service is first rate. I had a 300 bo american I BOUGHT USED and told them that thati couldnt get to feed out of those rotary mags. Sent it in to them and they say they couldnt get it to run either and i could have any american i wanted for free and i picked the 16 in ar mag 300 and they even sent me a tan one for free and threw in two extra mags.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts