Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an old Savage 270 that has taught all my kids to hunt. It shoots like a dream but looks like a turd. I love the gun and want to get a new stock. so far I've looked at Bell and Carlson, Hogue and Ramline (never seen any in person just online). Heres what I've heard: B&C is twice the money of the other two. The Hogue will rip your cheek off if you have a couple days growth. The Ramile is the cheapest and comes with a Pachmeyr decelarator. Let me know what you guys think about these and any other tips. I dont have a local dealer to see any of them.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I bought a Savage factory laminated stock for my son's M110 long action. I had a factory synthetic stock. I looks and feels really good. I bought it from Midway USA.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The B&C medalist have the aluminum blocking bed and are available in many colors and camo patterns if that intetrest you. They also have Decellerator recoil pads. If you want a great looking Walnut stock consider Accurate Innovations.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Try and get a stock that has been layed up. The injection molded ones are not very stable. I'd imagine if they had a one piece bedding block they MIGHT be acceptable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you want to improve your Savage's looks, I suggest one of the Boyd's laminated wood stocks. I got a nutmeg one for a Howa that came with a Butler Creek plastic stock and it improved its' looks a bunch. You may have to do some minor fitting, but no one is less talented at wood working than me and with a little help from my friends, it turned out really nice. (prices are good too, especially if you have woodworking skills for the VIP stocks)
http://www.boydboys.com/BrowseEbus/JRSsavage.asp

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have two ramline stocks. One is on a Win 70 FWT (push feed) and the other is on a Ruger M77 (tang safety). I love them. Check the price at Midsouth Shooters Supply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts