Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://photobucket.com/albums/y159/eleyman/CASULL/

I found this link on another forum, and the previous owner must have been insane because the grips had bedliner coating on them and the gun itself
basically wasn't taken care of period.
The new owner however has taken great pride in restoring the revolver.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I wonder what's the vintage of that particualr gun. A nut holding the spring and looks to have a roll pin mounted towards the bottom of the barrel threads. He did a nice job of cleaning up his gun.

Take Care,
Scott

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Ya gotta wonder what kind of bozo would let a gun like that get trashed in the first place but its sure a joy to see that the new owner has done the right and proper thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
restoring a 454...THATS MY GUN!!

HEY THANKS FOR THE POST. Thanks to the gentleman that just turned me on to this forum I just registered here and saw the post about my F/A. I got to shoot it this weekend and it runs as good as it looks. I redo quite a few guns but have yet to run across a company that supports their customers like FA's. I had quite a few little parts internally (pins and all springs) to replace and they were great to deal with. The list of gun companies with terrible support continues to grow but FA really won me over....that and they are made just incredibly well.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup i did it and welcome to graybeard and a great job ya done on
your pistol how did you get the bedliner gunk off the grips?

·
Registered
5 Posts
you know it wasnt that bad. I strip a lot of finishes that take many coats of stripper but that stuff came off completly in 2 coats....probably because the laminates are pressure sealed so well. I sanded them down, carved mock finger grooves to eliminate the missing chunks and shot them with 4 coats of matte polyurethane. Once cured wet sanded with 600 grit and polished.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Freedom Arms Handguns

ultraman,

Welcome, You did a bang up job on your pistol, It was a sad looking mess before you started. Looks real good now, You must be commended for a job well done.........Joe........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts