Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't visited Graybeard in a while but figured I would drop in and post a review of my latest purchase from Dom Carpenter. Dom made me one of his .50 cal breech loaders which I just received earlier this week.

Now for anyone who knows Mr. Carpenter, we probably agree that all his stuff is pretty good, but I'm very impressed by this little cannon, especially the value (he sells this cannon for $200 + a little shipping).

As with all Carpenter ordnance, the material and fabrication are of good quality. But what I really love is the design of the breech. It's a simple but sturdy sliding breech with a very fluid open / close action (including a security lock). I am fastidious in cleaning my guns directly after firing them and this is, by far, the easiest of my cannons to clean. By screwing down the breech lever adjustment screw, the breech can easily be removed altogether, both for its own cleaning, as well as to completely open the barrel for fast and thorough cleaning of the rest of the gun.

Dom can really nail a nice steel spoked wheel as well.

I'm just really impressed / happy with this piece! ~ Doug S.
Wheel Cannon Plant Vehicle Tree

Reactions: Ex 49er

·
Premium Member
9,851 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, Dom is the man! I've been very pleased with all of the cannons I've bought from Dom.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
That is a nice looking gun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts