Graybeard Outdoors banner

Revolver 'tuning'

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BigDaddyB 
#1 ·
I have several questions that I was hoping to get help with. These all involve getting my carry revolver (a Taurus M445T) 'tuned'.

1) What is involved in having a revolver 'tuned'?
2) How much should it cost?
3) Do you know of anyone in the DFW area who is reliable and affordable?

Thanks

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Re: Tuning

Mikey said:
Brian: depending on what you want to accomplish with a 'tuning', you might be able to do this yourself. If it is a trigger that needs smoothing, that is too stiff, rough or a possible burr, that is an easy fix. Grips are an easy fix too. Sometimes just a little stoning will smooth things up considerably. Sometimes you may want a slighter weaker spring set.
I kept the question purposly vague. There are several shops around that offer 'revolver tuning' services. I wanted to get some independant input as to what services could/should be expected.

I understand the issue of carrying a 'tuned' weapon. For this reason, I don't want to reduce trigger pull. I'm more concerned with smooth consistant pull and reliable function and accuracy. What I'm aiming for is an ultra-reliable carry piece that is still stock enough to avoid possible legal issues.

Could someone explain 'trigger creep'? I'm still pretty new to some of these terms.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.