Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a Richland Arms percussion pistol in 44 Cal. The gun is in good shape except the cylinder won't rotate. Ant suggestion? Thank you

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found the small box with an X in it . According to the page you listed ,it would have been in 1954. My birth year go figure. Cylinder comes outrigger stays to the rear. Doesn't move. That's a problem. Have to sign off . due in at work at midnight. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thought the x was in the square box. I did not find the broken arm. like i said they were given to me and were in horrible shape. I've been cleaning them for 2 days!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ordered the parts. The other one is cleaned up ,but the cylinder would not rotate. Come to find out the barrel wedge was making it bind up. I guess I tapped it in to tight. I tapped it back just bit ,it still latches . and the cylinder rotates freely and timing is perfect! I victory at a time. Thank you for your help and guidance.!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also got one that looks like your Colonial. Looks like it was a kit gun. not very well done. Made in Spain ,think it said Juka or something like that. Beautiful collection you have there

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well I had to put a new hand in it also. So far the timing is good and the cylinder rotates and locks up. I'll have to wait to go shoot it ,as its so dry out here and fire restrictions have been put in place. I don't want to be the guy that sets off some fire. Thank you for all your help. Waiting for the monsoons to kick in next month ,so I can see what it will do. Thank you again for your time and knowledge!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts