Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm scoping a .357 Handi with the factory mount. Scope is a Simmons ProDiamond 1-5X32. What height and style rings should I be looking at? Any pics of similar setups would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have extra high rings on mine, but i think high rings would work, and if you don't mind taking a dremel to the hammer tip you could get by with medium's. That's a super nice scope for the money It currently resides on my new 35 whelen barrel while I work up loads to find what it likes. I use weaver rings.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Burris ZEE's are popular and a very good choice, as are Warne rings, I also like Leupold PRW rings.

Here is a Warn ring setup:

Here is a Burris ZEE ring mounted:

Here is a Leupold PRW ring setup:

This is a QR PRW:

Weaver 4X4's can work as well. I like the older ones before they went to china...

CW

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
petemi said:
Brian, I am curious. Do you have any scoped Handis ???

Pete

Can I check and get back to you Pete? ;) Pretty sure I do, just wanna be sure, :) :eek: ;) ;) ;) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thanks 101!

CW

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
petemi said:
Brian, I am curious. Do you have any scoped Handis ???

Pete

YES I DO!!

CW

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used a one piece to mount a Vortex Viper 2-7x32 on my Handi and I really (really) like it. It's a very clean look without the extra side screws and knobs. This would be my first choice for any Handi without iron sights.

I also have a factory rail and Weaver quad rings on a .270 Handi holding a Nikon 3-9x40. They work just fine but I'm changing this to the same single piece mount so I can achieve a similar "clean" and simple look.

I like Warne rings and I don't want to totally give up the iron sights on my 45-70 Handi so when it comes time to scope it I will use a factory rail and Warne QD rings. Warne rings can be a pain to mount but from my limited experience they appear to be quality rings.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I ended up with one of those dnz one piece mount ring combo things in a trade and it is the best setup i have had thus far on my 44 or any of the various other handis i have owned. I would buy one without hesitation.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Yes the look good and yes they are solid. I have one too. But they are FAR TOO TALL for good shooting ergonomics. They throws a big kink in ranging and shooting at range.

I'll take a low mounted scope thank you.

CW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts