Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Mitt Romney is dusting the other Republican candidates in NH and not doing bad in Iowa !

For the Christians in this forum..Will you hesitate or refrain from voting for a Mormon ?

Frankly, I could vote for a Mormon, as long as he has the right view on things political.

We do know that Mormons share many of our values and will likely do the right thing with things like

abortion and "gay" marriage...and would be likely to appoint sensible federal judges .

That is more than any of the Dem/Libs would do..even those that "call themselves" Christian...

Remember , ANYONE can claim to be a Christian..but we can observe the "fruit"..

I guess I would rather have an forthright, values oriented, Mormon than a lying, phony, pretend "Christian".

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Its all about the way they stand on the issues.

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
As a Christian I'd as soon have a Mormon as a Catholic.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Swampman said:
As a Christian I'd as soon have a Mormon as a Catholic.
What kind of crack is that? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Despite the issues we have had with some priest who never should have been priest in the first place ( and yea pastors of other religions have their issues too) I see nothing wrong with the Catholic Religion compared to others. In fact a lot of Christian religions are getting pretty close in their services and views plus a lot of them work together in public services that are several different denominations including Catholics.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Back to the origional question yea I could support a Morman if they stood up for what I beleive in on the issues. For the most part their views mirror most Christian faiths with a few major beliefs that are completely different but none that is that earth shaking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why does this question keep coming up??? Nobody seems to care what religion Hillary is or Rudy or McCain or Obama, why only the Mormon guy? He seems like a descent guy, only been married once, raised 5 sons with out them getting into trouble and a successful business man. There is not a hint of scandal involving him or any of his Family, can the same be said for any of the others? He seems to have his head on pretty straight to me.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
He's a Yankee......so is Rudy.......

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Lets see, of the last few Bubba's we put into the White House, one doesn't seem to understand what a secure border is, one thought 18% interest rate's and Haitian boat people where just fine, and another tried to re-invent the humidor for cigars. Maybe it's time for a Yankee to give it a try. As long as he isn't a damn Muslim!! gypsyman

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are heartening..

The only reason I asked is I heard someone say " As a Christian, I couldn't vote for a Mormon for President"; so I started wondering if that notion were widespread in the Christian community.
I am glad to hear so far, that it is not.

The way I look at it, we are electing a new President, not a new Pastor .

In this present situation, I will take a man that is strong in a faith that expects family values and decency
over someone who claims to be Christian..but who lives and acts like a devil !

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
"I see nothing wrong with the Catholic Religion compared to others. In fact a lot of Christian religions are getting pretty close in their services and views plus a lot of them work together in public services that are several different denominations including Catholics."

Unfortunately most "christians" agree with you. We should not be unequally yoked with those who have a doctrine that isn't Bible based at all. I see a Mormon as no threat to Christians. I see the Church as the greatest threat.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Guys;

We obviously don't agree on some views as Christians, but the last time we took up the Roman Catholic/ Non Roman Catholic thing, some otherwise nice folks got hurt.

What say we let it go..or at the least, take it to " Misc Relig." discussions..

·
Registered
18,405 Posts
As I see it.
First---To vote for a non-Christian is not a good thing, and I can't see myownself doing it.
I am dead-set on this thought that America is driving itself into defiance of God and we will be judged because of it. May be that we already are judged.
We have ignored our true leader and listened too the smooth talk of many that would proclaim theirownselves too be Christian when they have no visible showing of that fact.
We will be held accountable for listening too man's plan as better than God's plan.
Blessings

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
William;

I can see your concern, but if Romney gets as far as the general election; who will be the real Christian in the race that we can vote for ?

I see no fruits among his competitors on the Democrat side ! Which ones have backed prayer in schools, the teaching of abstinence, homes school vouchers or

voluntary Bible clubs/classes in school ?

Which one of them have backed Judge Roy Moore in his " Ten Commandments" clash..simply by saying, " they are posted in the US Supreme Court, so why not in his court ?"

Which ones took the side of Terry Schiavo, to keep her from being starved to death ? Which ones have voted against the practice of killing children in abortion and "embryonic stem cell research" ?
Which one of them watched Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton campaign for office and collect funds in churches..then went to their offices and took the ACLU to task, telling them to stop trying to have tax exempt status removed from other churches ..for much less egregious actions ?

In fact, speaking of the ACLU some say, Anti-Christian-Liars-Union...which one of them have EVER criticized anything the ACLU has done ?

Add up the names of who did the Christian thing,.... Is the score STILL zero ?

We have many Christian troops serving in the war zones..In my opinion, each of these Democrats now running (at least the 3 leaders) has each had his/her turn at giving aid & comfort to the enemy by condemning what our troops are doing . Don't forget, it was leading democrats that called our troops terrorists and "cold blooded killers"..!

I have heard no apology or retraction from either Kerry or Murtha, looks like bounty hunter "Dog" Chapman is a better man than either of them !

....And the whole party is guilty..since noone in that nest of vipers has even tried to get them to apologize..or even tried to apologize for them !

Tells a lot about a WHOLE political party and the level of REAL Christianity in it, doesn't it !

Keep in mind, a chattering chipmunk can CLAIM to be a Christian...and some "churches" would probably accept them as members !

All in all, Romney, Giuliani, Hunter, Thompson, Huckabee, McCain or even Ron Paul seem miles ahead of anyone the Demoncrats can seem to conjure up !

William..Sorry if I sounded like I was scolding you..it wasn't meant that way..

·
Registered
42,140 Posts
SHOOTER973. I guess because the others mentioned have no religion, at least nothing close to Christian. The choice of a morman or a dumcrap is simple. The morman of course. The dumcraps have no values or morals. POWDERMAN. ??? ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
ironglow said:
The way I look at it, we are electing a new President, not a new Pastor .
I couldn't agree more. So to answer your question, yes I would vote for him. I'm still trying to figure out what was meant by the crack on Catholics. ???

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Yea me too Heavy C and it is kinda odd that some one remarks AS A CHRISTIAN then bashes some one elses faith. Not very Christian as far as I am concerned. As a Catholic I still respect others Christian faiths I could care less if some one is a of an other faith. Most all faiths anyway are what you were raised as anyway. I do not respect the muslums for what they are and Hinduism and Buddism is not considered Christian. Like I said many Christian faiths these days and many priest and pastors of other faiths work together these days for the good of the community so I really do not think that Catholic crack was deserved.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Swampman said:
"I see nothing wrong with the Catholic Religion compared to others. In fact a lot of Christian religions are getting pretty close in their services and views plus a lot of them work together in public services that are several different denominations including Catholics."

Unfortunately most "christians" agree with you. We should not be unequally yoked with those who have a doctrine that isn't Bible based at all. I see a Mormon as no threat to Christians. I see the Church as the greatest threat.
Hmmm, I don't believe I've ever seen anyone else especially of a Christian faith yoked - that's a new one on me. Much like jh45gun I respect all other Christian faiths. I didn't want to get into an all out discussion about Christianity or hijack Ironglow's thread, but it was difficult to stomach a comment like that coming from a "fellow Christian".

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
i would gladly vote for a qualified pro-gun Mormon. But i'll sure as hades not vote for anti-gun Romney. Ditto for Rudy Baby.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
As a Christian, isn't it time to "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s." This is the primary principle of the concept of separation of church and state. I don't care if Romney is Mormon or whether Obama is Muslim. I do care about the policies that may be instituted as a result of their religion in government positions. Romney on his stand on firearms and the 2nd Amendment and Obama with his stand on immigration, Mid East foreign relations and terrorism. I cannot vote for either at this point due their political positions, not because of their religions. The moderate Muslim is not a terrorist any more than the moderate Christian. The current situation in the mid east is about terrorism in all forms and not necessarily about religion. Let's concentrate on the issues at hand like immigration, taxes, home land security, tort reform, and social issues. This should be the focus of choosing a President and not about his/her religious belliefs.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts