Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up about a month ago a Rossi/Braztech 50 caliber/243 combo. It looks identical to a NEF huntsman. I took it out today to shoot it and it was very impressive. Not sure if it will go to the woods with me. but my daughter will love it. I still prefer the old T/C hawken. Jus twanted to pass on the info in case anyone was looking at them. IMO worht the money.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Bubba, does it use the plastic 209 carriers like the H&R/NEF? How's the trigger on yours? Most folks say the telescoping ramrod on the Huntsman is garbage, is it the same on the Rossi?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it does not have the plastic 209 carriers. The trigger was good and the ramrod the only time I think it would be a problem would be in the field when reloading quickly. I just figured if I was in my ground bling I would extend it while I was sitting there before I truly needed it extended

·
Registered
335 Posts
Took a look of it on their web page. Is that price right for the
combo, or is it a missprint? $252??? If both barrels are shooters,
that's the best bargain out there?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Pretty specific requirements on loads spelled out in their owner's manual, else you'll void your warranty. Have to use Pyrodex Pellets??? What kind of a requirement is that? No loose powder, no Cleanshot pellets, no cast bullets, no deviations allowed.

Someone on HA commented the one they saw had incredibly loose lockup?

I am more concerned with the ramrod's durability than it's speed of use.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid 250 for mine. I called them about the guide lines and they are a misprint according to the company. They said you will not void your warranty by shooting any standard propellents or projectiles. I personally think that Pyrodex (Hogdon) paid them to print that that way. I shot mine with loose pyrodex and it shot very well. My other theory is that they lean toward the unknowing. It is hard to mess up 2 pellets. besides I can truly not see how they will know if I shot a pellet or loose powder if I needed service.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Rossi

So bubba, what loads did you use in yours? I read the online
manual, too, and they say to use only Pyro, no more than 100gr,
or the warrantee is void. Is the lockup on your Rossi solid?

Underclocked - I got one of those ramrods and they do seem to
be very durable. Wear it in a pool cue type pouch around my
neck. Got a new barrel for the Encore without the ramrod guides
so it could accept the same forearm as my Tactical 20. She looks
great that way, but looks more like a 45-70 or .458 barrel, so
we will no doubt get checked closely first time a warden sees it
out in the field during ML season!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
my buddy just picked up the .50 cal plus the extra 20 gauge bbl and forearm w/case for $185.00 out the door!! Not usre if the .50/243 is more $$$ than this but he got a **** of a deal otherwise...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used 100 grains of pyrodex rs loose no pellets. green hornady sabot and a 200 grain 44 cal pistol bulllet I mold myself. It is a good combo have killed deer with this bullet hits hard opens up and pushes through

1 - 9 of 9 Posts