Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rubber pad on 94 marlin

:D John most cowboy clubs and ALL that I've shot with are just tickeled to death to have you there. I believe that you are not allowed to add recoil pads, except on shotguns. I can't picture the pad your talking about, I don't remember recoil pads on marlins, but if its there, take it, shoot it, have a good time!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
rubber pad on 94 marlin

IS it a recoil pad like on a shotgun or is it just a simple rubber pad? If it is factory, you will probably be o.k. The SASS rule book does restrict recoil pads to shotguns, but factory rubber but plates are legal, I think. If there is a problem, you can always get a plastic or metal plate to go on it later and it shouldn't be very expensive. :D

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rubber pad on 94 marlin

Nope, that one's just fine, unless you would like that to be an excuse to get one of each! That ain't such a bad idea after all!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rubber pad on 94 marlin

John, SASS rules can be found at http://www.sassnet.com I know that NCOWS have somewhat different rules and I don't know the url, sorry, but you gan do a search at http://www.google.com Look for National Congress of Old West Shootist, most local clubs don't care a whole lot as long as your having fun. Those are wonderful rifles, my daughter has one and you'd have a hard time getting it away from her!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
rubber pad on 94 marlin

My Marlin 1894CS has the pad you are talking about. If you didn't know it was rubber you would never guess just by looking. Bring it out and have fun!

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rubber pad on 94 marlin

:-D "Thanks for the help but are you sayng this is a girlie rifle."

:-D Sir, you may rest assured that any reference to my daughter causing your choice of rifle to be considered a girlie gun would be miss by a wide mark!!! I've seen her walk to the front of a 2200lb Holstine bull and smack it square in the nose because he wasn't moving out of her way quickly enough! :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts