Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to reduce the trigger from 6 pounds to 3 or so....I want action to work correctly... Has anyone used item # ik224318 (cabelas #) I am willing to listen to any other way to reduce trigger! Would like to stay in the $50 to
s7_224318_999_01 $100 range..... Also I would like to use the original trigger housing...Am able to do the work myself....Am willing to use any supplier and there part # would be handy.....This will be a winter project so its time to order parts....... Thanks Dale

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
All I did with my 2 10/22's was replace the factory hammers with VQ hammers and NOTHING else---you'll need the hammer bushings if which kit you get doesn't include them AND you have a newer rifle-----------the older rifles have the bushings and you just reuse them.
My older rifle breaks at 3.5lbs and the newer one is at 3lbs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Omaha-BeenGlockin said:
All I did with my 2 10/22's was replace the factory hammers with VQ hammers and NOTHING else---you'll need the hammer bushings if which kit you get doesn't include them AND you have a newer rifle-----------the older rifles have the bushings and you just reuse them.
My older rifle breaks at 3.5lbs and the newer one is at 3lbs.
I did the hammer only from Volquartsen on three 10-22's I built up. The results were very satisfying and the price was right. I also reworked the bolt release so I could just pull the bolt back and drop it instead of using the push up lever in the the trigger guard. That took about 5 minutes with a Dremel but it is something that I think all 10-22's should have done.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Have built up a bunch of 10/22 thus far - 16 currently, with at least 8 more to go. :) Have tried stuff from the low budget simple hammer change to full assembly replacements (Volquartsen & Jard - Kidd pending) With all that behind me, I can say that in my opinion, for most folks just wanting a simple quick trigger improvement use the Volquartsen hammer and shims. Don't bother with their trigger plunger spring or hammer spring, both un-neccesary. Just use the hammer.
I've found the PC hammer has given a bit smoother feel but also a very slight heavier feel. The Volquartsen seems to give a lighter and more crisp feel. Certainly not a fan overall of Volquartsen's stuff but they have gotten it right on the hammer. $35 or so, 10 minutes and you're all set. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.