Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mk II LH 30.06, bought used ,like new, maybe a box of shells through it. I actually bought it because of the scope attached to it. I made the mistake of shooting it before removing the scope. (Leupold 2.5x8) (165 grn. fed trphy bnd). Presto! 3 shot 3/4" group, maybe lucky! 7/8"group this time. So much for the Ruger bad rap about accuracy as far as i'm concerened. I did'nt touch the scope and put my 99 with the peep back in the cabinet. The only complaint i have is the trigger. It is crisp but very heavy about 7-8#s, is there any thing I (or gunsmith) can do to lower the factory trigger to 4- 4 1/2#s. Thanks, JGrass.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
JGrass

Call Trapper Gun Inc at 586-776-7581. He has spring kits for the 77-22 and 77 MK ll. The springs are the same except the 77-22 springs give a little lighter pull. The kits come 3 to a pack. All you do is push out a pin, remove the trigger, and replace the factory spring. You can try each spring until you get the pull you want. Usually that is all that is needed, but sometimes you need to do minor stoning in the sides of the trigger if it is rough. There are instructions with each kit.
I have used both kits, but prefer the 77-22 kit. They have worked well for me.
The man at the company is helpful and can usually answer any questions.

Hope this helps
Herman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.