Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
ARX® bullets are engineered for maximum hydraulic displacement and terminal energy transfer to targets.
Heck if it does what it says I'm ok with it. If it is costly not so much.

Proof is in the pudding.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
This round looks much the same without the angles cut in the nose gaps.
-
Underwood loading
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDvzul3rvTk
-
The bullett is made by Lehigh
-
The Underwood loading in a 380 Bersa + bites the webbing of my hand pretty good.
I have hunted a lot with a 357 mag and a 44 mag in standard loadings.
It is too expensive for anything but carry.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Doesn't look like it would expand much if any..the velocities are impressive and the ftlbs adequate but a hollowpoint with expanding petals on it for maximum energy transfer makes more sense to me.

If it wasn't too expensive like oldshooter said, i'd be willing to try it but I really doubt its any huge leap from previous designs. The .380 velocities do make it tempting to try however.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
The Lehigh bullets make a wound cavity comparative to expanding rounds and the bullets continue to rotate deep into balistic material.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was intrigued by the poly-copper blend of the bullet, obviously acceptable everywhere now that lead is considered the anti-gaia.
Also intrigued by the wound cavity potential in the 380/9mm versions ... in 22lr, I could really see this being great in an SD LCR22 or some such, for folks who don't like fiddling with slides & safeties.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
I wondered how reliable function would be in blow back designed actions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts