Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a local range, I observed an individual with a KP97D. He was feeding this arm with many types of hand-loads. 185 gr. cast swc, 200 gr.cast swc, 230 factory, 220 cast wc, 250 cast swc. All without a malfunction. He even mixed them to satisfy my curiosity. I'm not much of a handgun guy, but what I have seen is pretty unusual. I might add the fellow was hitting what he was shooting at with remarkable accuracy! An NRA slow fire target. 25 yards.
From what I witnessed, why isn't more mentioned about this arm? Is this the exception to the rule, or is it the norm?
I have been looking for a ccw and this really impressed me.
DUST

·
Registered
583 Posts
Can't speak to the P97, but I have a P95, 9mm, P94, .40 cal, and P345, .45 ACP. I have never had a Ruger that would not feed anything I fed it. My Rugers are pistols I never think about trading off or selling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must be a dud? I see that no one really has an opinion or is it such an unpopular hand gun that no one has taken it through it's paces?
DUST

·
Registered
41 Posts
First of all, my wife and I sleep with the bedroom door locked. We have a Female German Shepard and Male Black Lab that sleep in the room with us. In my nightstand I have a Springfield XD45 Tactical (45 acp) with 13 rounds of Federal Hydro-shock (2 backup mags) and and an XML light mounted on the rail. I have a Kel-Tec .380 for the wife to use while she is dialing 911.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
PA1749 said:
First of all, my wife and I sleep with the bedroom door locked. We have a Female German Shepard and Male Black Lab that sleep in the room with us. In my nightstand I have a Springfield XD45 Tactical (45 acp) with 13 rounds of Federal Hydro-shock (2 backup mags) and and an XML light mounted on the rail. I have a Kel-Tec .380 for the wife to use while she is dialing 911.
Huh? That is just till you get a KP97, right?

All the "P" Rugers I have seen were stone reliable, and reasonably accurate. Not to mention inexpensive. I hear the looks and ergos of the P345 are much improved over the earlier "P" models.
Savage

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I got to shoot a KP97 several times and found it accurate and reliable. The KP97 was only made for a relatively short time before it was replaced by the P345. Why? I don't have any idea, I thought the 97 was a great gun and dealer cost was under $300. I should have bought one when they were around.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love my Ruger KP97D. It has never failed to function perfectly every time I pull the trigger.

By the way, it is just one of the seven Rugers I own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts