Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one interested??

A buddy got one and we shot it last week... I pick mine up tomorrow.

I like these mini lil guns. I have a LCP II 22 LR. This MAX is 98% same size and weight. But with 11 rnds of 380!

Now I just need ta find more Fed HST 99g ammo!!

Ill break it in with my hand loads but if I carry it, gotts ta have factory. God forbid, I need ta use gotta protect myself!

CW

Reactions: Bigeasy

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I looked at one the other day but couldn't buy it as it was on hold. I liked it enough that I'll be selling my LCP2. I'm just waiting for a call that the next shipment has come in. My LGS is selling them for $359.

Reactions: cwlongshot

·
2,622 Posts
CW - I haven't had a chance to handle one yet. I have been carrying an original first model since it came out. How much bigger is it compared to the original, and how is the trigger? Personally, I like the long and slightly heavy trigger of the original when used as a pocket carry gun. Cut my teeth on DA revolvers, and the heavier pull does not bother me as long as it it smooth.

Larry

·
Premium Member
16,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Morning my friend!
It is smaller slightly thinner and has a better trigger.
It is just thicker then my LCP II LR over all. But JUST SLIGHT!! Its 11.5 oz and fits in your hand with 11 rnds.

This is my LCP II LR. SO IN THIS CONFIG, The MAX is THINNER!
CW

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
This is my LCP2 with an extended mag and Houge Gripper. I like the Max better.
IMG_E5564.JPG

Reactions: cwlongshot

·
23,745 Posts
id like to have one. Problem is i have 3 of the old ones and mags for them. Ruger doesnt give away mags and no aftermarket seems to step up to make them. But the idea sure is sound. I feel about the exact same way about that new high capacity smith shield. Ive got 3 of the old shields that share mags now. Dont know if its worth going through the cost of change over to gain a few rounds when its so rare that a civilian shoots more then 2 shots anyway. To me a handgun isnt to protect you and your family in a fire fight. It to get me and mine out of the firefight and hopefully to my vehicle if the fight continues because there lies a real fighting too. A carbine. But all that said if your buying your first ccw gun or dont have one already its pretty tough to argue against either because more rounds in the same size package sure isnt a mistake.

·
Premium Member
16,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
;):love:I picked it up and have about 75 rounds threw it. ZERO HICKUPS!!! I **** my plated 100g to break in and then some Silvertips I was able to buy with the gun.
Our lovely state's BGcheck system was down. So I had to return the next day. But it was STILL DOWN. BUT... What it allowed was a box of shells with each visit! This is about the only factory I buy next to rimfire. Carry ammo. They have four brands two fmj's and teo HP's. But I didnt want the Hormadys so grabbed the Silvertips. One box per cust per day. BUT, was 24$ and Aparently I still get my employee discount from 1989!!! :love: So when I came back the next day, I grabbed a second. Then my last time in to get the gun. I asked for two saying "ya know this is my THIRD TRIP @ ALMOST 33 miles each way, so I was allowed two boxes.

I did have to adj sights and they are now quite off center. I also recontoured the trigger guard for my big knuckles.:rolleyes: Its accurate enough, but the G42 is better. The G42 wont run any light loads. This MAXX seems not to mind.

Its pretty substantially smaller then the G42 & lighter too! Been carrying it here on the home front and it fits al holsters I have for the LCPII LR. So a big plus! I have some mag holders coming as well as a kydex ITP holster coming. Its probably rarely using it but its cheap enough to have "just in case". It will likely live as the deep conseal life. (Once proven 100%)

Pics and as. EVERYONE seems to make a video on this gun.... Maybe a video too. But not a review there is plenty. Ill maybe show size comparisons and my guard re contour.
CW

Reactions: 45/70fan

·
23,745 Posts
buddy sure has high praise for the one he bought and he forgot more about guns then i know.

·
Premium Member
16,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:love:I shot it more this AM and need to adjust sites. I keep a drift a d small brass/nylon hammer for just this. But darned if I could move the sights!!! :oops: So I will atampt it later on the bench block.

I also found that the trigger guard bites. So as I do and have done to most all my semi pistols... I relieved that area on the trigger guard, to clearance my knuckle.
Much better now!!

This MAX is just a little Lighter then my 42. So weight goes to MAX.

I use a Strike industries +2 mag ext on the G mags and it allows a near glove fit on the pistol. So "feel" goes to the 42.

Size with stock mag/gun is almost identical for height but the max is much shorter Thickness is close enough to be a wash. Advantage MAX.

Mag cap we know, the G42 is 6, the MAX is 10/12. Even with the extension on the 42 its 8/9 compared to the MAX 10/11 - 12/13. Advantage MAX.

Costs is another one and the G42 has a retail near 600$ and the MAX is 450$ Advantage MAX.

Sights are typical Glock style and plastic. A good sight but many/most want steel. The MAX comes from factory with steel and well designed sights. The front is also white outline and has a tritium tube. (Night site) Even with the 42's slight advantage from the longer sight radius the Advantage lies with the MAX.

I like my 42, with its ext its a nice feeling a d shooting pistol I have much confidence in. This MAX is small a true pocket piece and so far 100% reliable and accurate. Ill do a heat to head soon.
CW

Reactions: lloyd smale

·
23,745 Posts
good write up. I like to see tests from people that dont think 2 mags of ammo is a test of a gun. I kind of interested in one and the double stacked shield too. Like I said the mags are what keep me away. I like my 43 and wouldnt part with it (once i get it back from dad who claimed it) Buddys wife has a 42, as a matter of fact two of them. She loves them. I just never saw that they did anything the 43 didnt with more authority. It in my opinion is to big for a pocket gun and the lcps are as big as id want in a gun carried like that. Ive got 3 of the first gen lcps and 4 shields so a change over would be major dollars just in mags. I think though id start with the lcps. I had an lcp2 that the son of my nieghbor fell in love with. HIs dad one of my best friends died unexpectedly of a stroke and while he was up for the funeral i gave it to him. But i just cant warm up to the first gen guns with there terrible triggers. That and i could get by with only two of them so that would help pay for the change. The shield change over wouldnt be so easy. I keep one in each of my 3 vehicles and one on my polaris rzr and have a pile of magazines for them. So ill probably just stick with the single stacked ones. Good to see yours is running well. Buddys last two lcps, one a lcp2 and the other an lcp22 both were problem children. One trip back to ruger and they still didnt run right and to the gun shop they went. But his double stack has run well so far.

·
Premium Member
16,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
16,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Ruger LCP MAX comparison video

·
23,745 Posts
very professional video. Hicock better watch out!! I even ordered two of those mic holsters. One for the lcp and the other for my shields. Never saw them before. You should contact them and get something for advertising for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts