Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on this forum have one of the 405 Ruger No. 1's?. I have an 1895 Winchester in 405 with the Lyman 38 receiver sight on it and like it a lot. There was a good article in Rifle Handloader a couple of months ago about loads for the 405 Winchester. Anyways I have been thinking about picking up a Ruger in 405. I have a Ruger No. 1 RSI in 30-06 that has always been a very accurate albeit somewhat lightweight rifle. I figure the Tropical setup will weigh a little more and would still benefit from a decent recoil pad. I had a Pachmyar pad put on the 1895 that made a tremendous difference. Your thoughts? - Mike

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About two years ago in Rifle Handloader Phil Shoemaker reported a similar result shooting Hornady 405 bullets at deer. I have been using the 300 grain Barnes X bullets. They also shoot a little flatter. Woodleigh makes 300 and 400 grain bullets for the 405.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.