Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't think they're particularly rare, I see them on the auction sites fairly often. I have one, and have little good to say about how it shoots, though I have killed several deer with it. I've tried all the factory loads, and a bunch of handloads, and tried all the forend tricks to get this one to shoot, but the best it will do is about 21/2" groups at 100 yards. I plan to have mine rebarreled to a .32-40 soon.

Greg

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used to have a 1.75-5X Bushnell on it, which worked out nicely for a timber rifle. I tried every load I could find, except cast bullets. Others I've spoken to who have the same rifle get good accuracy from theirs, and the .223 and .45-70 versions are supposedly good shooters, too. I'm going to convert mine to a scheutzen rifle.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I have one and find that it shoots 255 Grain Saeco cast gas check bullets fairly well. It shoots 220 grain FPs well also. Won't shoot 235 spitzers for anything.
I will add that it is much more accurate than my #3 in 44 Mag, I can get 3 inch groups with the 375 but nothing really shoots better than 4-5 inches in the 44. I'm thinking of rebarreling that one, I'll leave the 375 as is.

regards,
Graycg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.