Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
I use Remington #10s on my old armies, I never have to hit them twice and they stay on well too. I shoot a reduced load of 30gr 3f with veg. fibre .030 wad and use CleanShot almost exclusively these days. Cowboy range accuracy is right on, plenty of smoke and clean up is a breeze. These are the new stainless 5 1/2 inch models. I use RWS 10.75 caps on my older 7 1/2 ones.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The #11 CCIs do have a purpose for me. I squeeze them a bit and use them to clear cylinders before loading for the day. CCIs are hotter.
You can't beat the #10 remingtons for fit and reliability for me anyway. #10 CCIs take a couple hits sometimes. One to seat it further and one to fire it. That is probably an awful lot of time on a clock.
I tried 30gr of 777 and it about spun me around. That is some hot stuff. I would have to download to use it. As it is I use a 30gr laod of CleanShot and no wads or fillers. To ram I had to make a small modification. If I get static about it, then I will have to use a fibre wad over the 30gr.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks Flint I have the site bookmarked.

I checked the results to see who was there in June and I see no one shooting BP or frontiersman. That is about how it is up here my way. I try and I try to get folks interested, but no one seems to take the class seriously, at least enough to go to the time and expense that it takes. I was hoping for CC to be different than what it turned out as. We tried it around here at one club right after last years Mulecamp and we shot it with one sixgun, a reload and BP only. That was classic. Now that it is an official class there are folks into it, but I kinda like the way we tried it best.
No matter, I am shooting frontiersman all this year. I have so far anyway.
I could shoot senior duelist with C&B, but I would rather have a fat class of 6-8 shooters myself. Whatta ya gonna do? I just like having a little fun and shootin' so that is my game and the extra it takes to shoot BP is not that big a thing for me. It is part of my fun. I'll let you know when I can shoot with you all. It'll be towards the end of year after 5 Dogs. Thanks for the invite pard. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.