Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANY ONE KNOW WHY THEY MANDE JUST A FEW OF THESE WITH A 4 5/8 INCH BARREL IN SS? :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have no idea bout the quanity of SSS's made in SS in the 22's, but I have seen a LOT of them in 32H&R Mag. All the "fixed sighted" models, never seen one with adjustable sights. They are a very popular pistol for Cowboy Action Shooting. I have one with the "Birdshead" grip in SS and it is one of my favorat guns.

I have found that as I get older, I like the fixed sighted guns much better than the adjustable sighted ones. I think that out of about 12 pistols I own, only one, (A Ruger22/45) has adjustble sights.

Greeenriver(I thought that Ruger made a bunch of the SS ones, from what I seen at the gun shops)

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
The shorter barrel is handy for carry if you can find a holster for it, but I think most people prefer the 6" barrel, which is pretty handy too. That's just speculation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have put about 2.5 million miles on while carrying a blued 4 5/8" single six it was my first good handgun and would be the last on I d let go I wouldnt trade it for 10 6 1/2" ers but I would like to give the 5 1/2" a try and I also would like to try a 9 1/2"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts