Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local shop finally got one in, so of course I had to have it! ;-)

$199 for a Ruger single action revolver. No safety to mess with,
no need to pull hammer a few clicks to load - just open side gate
and cylinder spins freely. Only thing I think I'll change is to find

some nice wood grips to replace the plastic ones. Compared to
my Rough Rider, seems heavier and has more defined sights.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Waiting for range report.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Holy cow, a low buck Ruger .22 Single Action revolver. Never thought I'd see the day... Bill must be rolling in his grave, LOL!

(Personally I don't think he'd have stood for the Firesights that they put on my Single-10 either, LOL!)

Guess the sales figures of those various "cheapie" .22 single actions out there (can't think of the name of any of then at the moment) finally got to them.

Definitely interested in a range report. I could see having one at some point to keep the wear off my pricier Rugers.

I like my Rugers so much, I generally don't use them for recreation. This model could change that. :)

Anyone know which factory they make these at?

·
Premium Member
3,943 Posts
Yeah I'm curious about these - I see ads in the magazines. How are they making them so inexpensively?
Any range reports?

·
Registered
19,178 Posts
Holy cow, a low buck Ruger .22 Single Action revolver. Never thought I'd see the day... Bill must be rolling in his grave, LOL!

(Personally I don't think he'd have stood for the Firesights that they put on my Single-10 either, LOL!)

Guess the sales figures of those various "cheapie" .22 single actions out there (can't think of the name of any of then at the moment) finally got to them.

Definitely interested in a range report. I could see having one at some point to keep the wear off my pricier Rugers.

I like my Rugers so much, I generally don't use them for recreation. This model could change that. :)

Anyone know which factory they make these at?
?? LOL ?? In all my 76 + years I've never heard anyone say that.
I don't think a person can wear out a Ruger revolver.:tango_face_smile:

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
The new wrangler has a aluminum frame, zink grip frame, and steel cylinder and barrel. It’s heavier because of the zink frame. A friend just bought two of them and he put weight the zink grip frame and it’s 5 ozs heavier than the regular single six frame. I haven’t handled one yet to see how they balance.

Ruger computer machines all the parts and they don’t do any hand fitting. That’s how they can sell for that price.

Smokey mountain guns and ammo store, it’s at the same location as the Smokey mountains knife works, has the wrangler on sale for 179.00 that’s where my friend bought his pare.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just got mine and the Blackhawk grips shown fit just - ok.
Since it's going to be a beater, I went back to the plastic ones. I only shot six times; one to break the clay bird, two misses while I figured out it's not a 6 o'clock gun, then three hits on the pieces. That's way better. Than my Heritage did on it's first 6!
I can't wait to shoot it more but work calls way too much lately.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts