Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wasn't really needing another 22, however Kittery Trading Post had them on sale for $169.00. At that price the curiosity got the best of me. That's real close to what a new Heritage revolver costs.

I will give my report after it gets here and I get to play with it a bit!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Waiting to see if any used ones show up. The shops around me are asking 200 plus for new?
And they are selling at that so I guess .................

·
Registered
570 Posts
I finally got a chance to see a Wrangler yesterday at the local gun shop. It felt real good in the hand. They had a price of $190 on it. I told him I'd give $175, he said "cash?" Oops.:tango_face_surprise So look what followed me home.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Can't see how you will ever be sorry! Congratulations!
I can see one following me home as well, i am sure it will get along with it's several SA brothers.
best wishes

·
Registered
133 Posts
They really need to make a .22 mag convertible version.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm really liking mine. It has functioned flawlessly and shoots almost to point of aim at 25 yards. I went whole hog and ordered a Triple K belt and holster, cost half as much as the gun but is a fine piece of leather.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Goodshot, not to nit pic but the issue isn’t bullet diameter but case diameter. As we know, the 22LR is a heeled bullet and the 22 Mag sits entirely in the case. A 22 Mag cylinder would solve the issue

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm really liking mine. It has functioned flawlessly and shoots almost to point of aim at 25 yards. I went whole hog and ordered a Triple K belt and holster, cost half as much as the gun but is a fine piece of leather.
Mine has really grown on me! I was looking for a Ruger Bearcat when I stumbled onto the the Wrangler for that price. It will do everything that I ever need from a 22 revolver. I have even dispatched a couple of big gnarly raccoons with mine. When I am bird hunting I always pull Roy off a coon and give the coon opportunity to find a tree. However if he wants to bring it to us like those big bores sometime do then they get to meet the Wrangler. Roy will kill them with a authority but always ends up with a new battle scar out of the deal. The Wrangler ends all of that!:tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
That is kind of you for Roy, is the Wrangler closer to the grip size of the Bearcat? Just curious as ladies can be hard to find a good fit for and I don't think of a short barrel like the Bearcat for 50 ft, target accuracy.

·
Registered
570 Posts
NO, The grips bigger then a bearcat and the same as a single 6.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts