Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
7-30 Waters super 14 non-easy opening contender also have a 44mag. super 14 none braked and no crown
17 Posts
Imo they are well built very tight. I did not like the grip so I put a Hogue 83000 monogrip on it, I like finger grooves and soft rubber. Not as accurate as my Buckmark or 10/22 Charger but still a lot of gun for $200

· Registered
7-30 Waters super 14 non-easy opening contender also have a 44mag. super 14 none braked and no crown
17 Posts
My understanding is the single six grips will work on the wrangler, I put Hogue grips on mine they are made for the single six.

· Registered
360 Posts
Never could justify sinking the money into a Single-Six, but my Wrangler was priced right and does everything a similar Single-Six can do. Had to shave off nearly half the front sight to get on target at 50 feet. Re-shaped the blade, painted the rear surface day-glo orange over a matte white base coat, and it's off to the range with a bucket of cheap LR ammo. I did install the Wolfe light trigger return spring. Tried the light hammer spring, but had too many misfires. Added a set of checkered walnut grips, too. Nothing beats that single-action hammer sound and feel.

· Registered
dad was a gunsmith, got lots of toys
775 Posts
I wish they offered the wrangler with a longer barrel. 6.5" or maybe 7.5".
I've shot a few wranglers, I like them,
but prefer the look of a longer barrel.

I bought a heritage rough rider.
its not nearly as nice as a ruger!
after about 250 rounds of break in,
it functions well, and is fairly accurate.
but they offer a 6.5" barrel,
and it was $99 brand new.
I just could not pass that up.

if I ever buy another 22 lr pistol,
it will b a stainless single 10.
its pricey, but just way cool!
Sadly, looks like 5.5" is the longest factoy barrel.

· Registered
360 Posts
I wish they offered the wrangler with a longer barrel. 6.5" or maybe 7.5".
I've shot a few wranglers, I like them,
but prefer the look of a longer barrel.

I bought a heritage rough rider.
its not nearly as nice as a ruger!
after about 250 rounds of break in,
it functions well, and is fairly accurate.
but they offer a 6.5" barrel,
and it was $99 brand new.
I just could not pass that up.

if I ever buy another 22 lr pistol,
it will b a stainless single 10.
its pricey, but just way cool!
Sadly, looks like 5.5" is the longest factoy barrel.
I always liked the longer 6.5" barrel, too. Longer sighting plane, adjustable sights -- way easier to shoot well. But the little Wrangler serves well as a "kit gun" -- a handy little plinker. I have heard that the innards are the same as the Single Six. It's just the aluminum upper frame and pot metal lower frame that are "cheaper". I am very tempted by the 3.5" barrel bird's head version.

Reactions: Joe_Jeep

· Registered
360 Posts
wonder if a single six barrel would fit a wrangler?
or price on an aftermarket barrel?
That's a possibility, but I don't know if those .22 barrels are threaded or press-fit. If they're press-fit, you really can't remove them. And I'd worry about cracking the aluminum upper frame of the Wrangler. But if you have a steel-frame revolver, and the barrel is threaded, swapping out can be done.

Reactions: Joe_Jeep

· Registered
299 Posts
I purchased a Ruger Wrangler in the bronze cerakoat, for finishing shots, while checking traps. Love the birds head grip and how it handles while shooting it. I looked at similar offerings by Heritage, but I preferred the quality of the Ruger. 💯
Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Reactions: db22

· Registered
dad was a gunsmith, got lots of toys
775 Posts
I purchased a Ruger Wrangler in the bronze cerakoat, for finishing shots, while checking traps. Love the birds head grip and how it handles while shooting it. I looked at similar offerings by Heritage, but I preferred the quality of the Ruger. 💯
View attachment 264514
I own both a ruger and a heritage.
fit, finish, and quality, on the ruger are night and day better.

the heritage is a cheap entry level gun.
in its defense, after 250 rounds, to break it in, it got alot smoother. new it was kinda gritty.
it actually shoots pretty well after break in.
its fairly accurate.
its just not as pretty as a ruger.
I found mine nib for $99, tough to beat that.

· Registered
102 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
I purchased the TALO Exclusive 3.75" w/ Bird's Head Grip w/DeSantis holster and it has become my favorite firearm for woods walking. Like others have said, mine is plenty accurate. Had issues with new production Winchester ammo not chambering. CCI, Federal or Remington chambered fine. Finally after several hundred rounds the Winchesters have started chambering easier. Did put a daub of white Testor's model paint of front sight for quicker aquistion.

· Registered
459 Posts
Tool Wood Gas Bicycle part Rotary tool

I’m very fond of the Wrangler.
I gave my Single Six 5-1/2” to my son and 3 Wranglers to my daughters, and I kept one.
The BEST $200 gun out there in my opinion.
I may have to get one of those Birds-head carry guns
No long barrels for me. But they do look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts