Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you have experience with a model 63 5" barrel ? I have a 3" barrel and am not happy with the accuracy. However my 3" model 60 .357mag is very accurate. I would think the opposite would be true because of the heavier recoil.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
I have 2 older SP101s one in 32 H&R mag and one a6shot 22 lr. Both are 4" barrels and very accurate. I also have a newer 3" in the 32 mag that shoots very well too.

I've heard mixed reviews on the new sp101 in 22lr. But the ones that complained it sounded like Ruger fixed them.

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
I own a 63-0 four incher had Clements replace the red ramp front sight with one I could see/ Greatly improved my accuracy with this handgun.

Steve

·
Registered
385 Posts
I can't shoot my 63 well. The grip is too small for my hand.

I have shot the Colt Woodsman well for over 50 years now. That's the 22 pistol that I much prefer.

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
Savage_99, I had the same problems with my 63 until I had Clements do his magic. Great old Colt semi auto by the way. I've read Castners Cutthroats were issued these during the Alaskan campaign in WWII.
Steve

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Off subject, but I shoot that same Colt. They are a collectors items now, but it is such a great pistol it will just continue to be a shooter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a model 34 (blued twin to the 63) with a 4" barrel. I'm don't get great accuracy with it, I shoot my 3" 60-15 better but the J frame .22 is a sweet little gun. It's working great for my 12 year old grandson who has been shooting it since he was 9.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
S B
Where can I find the grip insert shown in your pic? I want one for a Colt Police Positive Special.
Thanks, G66

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Had a 63 for a while... S&W could not stop the cases form sticking in the cylinder... third time I was DONE and returned it for a 17 full target. Now thats gone too...

I have a 651!

CW

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
gunther66 said:
S B
Where can I find the grip insert shown in your pic? I want one for a Colt Police Positive Special.
Thanks, G66
Not inserts pure Sambar stag from StagHag way back when. Grip adapter by Tyler.
Steve

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
I wanted a 'kit gun' revolver years back. First got the Taurus 94(?), what a dissappintment (no internet then) then traded it off with another gun for a clean used 63. Pretty, but wouldnt group very well, just a can-shooter and I wanted a squirrel head size group shooter. And I knew how to tell the difference and had the eyes then.
The 63 is long gone and I do not miss it, unlike the 2nd one I mentioned above that I traded for it. It was an older Colt's Trooper 4" 38Spl. that I thought was 'redundant' at the time. (picture me banging my head on my desk here).
If you can find, and afford, the forerunner in the Mdl 34/Kit Gun you may have better luck, no guarrantee.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts