Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not great, but I think that the little j frames are less forgiving. all the planets have to be aligned to get great groups. I mean, that everything you do, squeeze the trigger, breathing, site picture , all have to be just right. it is not a real forgiving gun, but I find that to be part of the challenge. The other beauty of this gun, is I do not have to be accurate at a distance, I use it as my trapline gun and use it to dispatch animals on the trapline.

How accurate is yours???

·
Administrator
26,088 Posts
Yup I agree. Those J-frames are kinda hard to shoot accurately using the factory sights. On my 60 3" with sights I can do far better with the CTC laser grips than the sights. With my wife's 63 I do good to shoot 6" at 25 yards. I'm sure if I moved the CTC laser grips to it from my 60 I could cut that in half or maybe do even better.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
I've owned a model 63 for about 5 years now. The most frustrating thing I found on this little gun was being able to see that red ramped front sight. I sent it to a gunsmith and he milled off the red ramp and fitted a black partridge front sight. Improved my accurace very much. The original stainless/ red combination just disappeared, when ever I tried sighting that thing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts