Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a stainless steel 686 in average condition.

Can you guys give me an idea of a range these should sell for between private individuals in used/ average condition?

Anything in particular to look for as far as wear or deffects?

·
Registered
618 Posts
686 stainless

i recently passed on a 686 blue 8 3/8" barrel had to e 98% or better
for $295.00. I went to barnes and noble to check blue book price was
rite . went back gun gone. Ended up with model 28-2. 4' barrel
still happy, but wish it had been a 6".

·
Registered
945 Posts
I saw one online a Mark's Outdoor,in Birmingham,Alabama,2000,mod 686,4" barr.,nickle for $319.00.....Rick

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Rick: Double check that 686 you saw all of them are stainless not Nickle, could have bn mis-taged :D JIM

·
Registered
945 Posts
You're right.my bad :( .I thought it was a good price for the gun.Said 98%.Still think you can find one cheaper than $319 though.............Rick

·
Registered
35 Posts
Still think you can find one cheaper than $319 though.............Rick
Where & in what condition? I recently saw a slightly used 686 4" in a Hartselle Gunshop priced at $479.00. No way to even begin to get it at under $400.00.

'Nuther Rick

·
Registered
945 Posts
Rick,I got an email on gun search from dealer.I would foward my email,but you don't have your email ad public.Gun is at Mark's Outdoors,B'ham...phone 205-822-2010.2000 mod 686,stock#18235.$319.00.This was on Aug.9 when I got email........The other Rick :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I'll be danged if I can figure out how to make my email addy public. I sent you one through the board but if it doesn't come through, my addy is pss223(at)bellsouth.net replace the (at) with an @. I've gotten in on the email notices at Mark's. Got a couple searches going as we speak although it'll be a while before a new gun can come into my house iffen ya know what I mean:)

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, hope you'll forgive me.

'Nuther 'Rick'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts